NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u have to remove the steering wheel..to take out the dash..im gonna be painting it black......also is there a guide to taking out the dash....where all the screws are and everything

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
you either have to remove the steering wheel or drop the whole steering column down in order to get the dash out. Also, there are a lot of bolts and wire harness thingies that you'll have to remove before the dash will even think about moving. And dont' forget about removing the lovely passengers side airbag. Good luck and I hope you have another car to drive cuz taking the dash out isn't something that you do in a day........

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unless u have a friend to help u.....i started this morning around 9 and took about 2 hours or so.......im finished painting the whole front dash and stuff.....the paint is dry to touch....so im gonna put it back in this evening...now i hope i just remember where all the plugs go....is there somewhere online i can get the info..

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I completly stripped my Celi. including the dashboard, and put in a new, undamaged interior(the origional one was vandelized) in about 3-4hours, and that was with about an hour lunch break and I was taking my time. It's not that big of a deal, and yea, post some pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts