NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take the platic door panels off I only see 2 clips in the front of the door and I looked underneath of the door and saw 2 screws now is that the only peices holding the hood in position?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
There's another long screw under the armrest, one behind the textured plastic insert behind the door release lever (pop off with a screwdriver), and the black triangle piece behind the sideview mirror needs to be popped off as well before you can remove the panel.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o tks didnt even see them. hard to install speakers?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
One more thing: on both sides, the cables for the door lock and release lever will be attached to the door panel. They can be easily popped out of their sockets, though. And on the driver's side, you'll have to unplug the sideview mirror control.
Originally posted by FrostsCelicaGTS
hard to install speakers?
I dunno. Never tried. :gap: I do know that the speakers are riveted onto the door panel and built into the mounting brackets, so you'll have to cut out the rivets and get new mounting brackets (sold cheap on eBay).

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Originally posted by FrostsCelicaGTS
o tks didnt even see them. hard to install speakers?
not hard but time consuming. aftermarket won't fit in the hole without a custom mount. i was too lazy to make a new one so i punched out the old speaker for the stock mount, screwed/sealed the new speaker in place and put them back in. its been almost a year now and no problem. also your going to need a rivet gun cuz the mounts are held in place with 3 rivets

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Don't cut out the rivets, just drill them out with a drill bit that's a bit bigger than the hole in the rivet. (not bigger than the actual head of the rivet) then they will pop off and you can re rivet them later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts