NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would these and new stock struts look okay with 215 45r17? Long story short I came upon a great deal on my 2000 gt, I'm deployed but I had my wife go pick it up, and upon further inspection it's extremely cut and collapsed coils. She said it rode horrible.

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
Well I guess I'll go with some raceland coilovers. Atleast they have 2 year warranty.
you're going to need that warranty cause if you go any lower than 2 or so inches they'll be blown in a month. then you're gonna have to pay $60-70 to ship them back to racelands and also have a backup suspension handy while you do so.

This is coming from a guy on racelands.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 inches is about where I want, I've heard good and bad about raceland but wince you said the new struts would blow out with tanabe springs I guess I'm left with the racelands.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Well... It all depends how old your struts are. You can't expect to run a 100k mile strut with new lowered spring and not expect it to blow.

I personally would get new KYB struts, with DF210 Tanabe over Raceland. OR save up for good brand coilovers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well... It all depends how old your struts are. You can't expect to run a 100k mile strut with new lowered spring and not expect it to blow.

I personally would get new KYB struts, with DF210 Tanabe over Raceland. OR save up for good brand coilovers.
I said in the original post that I was gonna get new struts if I were to go with the tanabe springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts