NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with some guys last night at a local Starbuck's to start up the car-related gatherings for this year (it was pretty nice here yesterday!). One of the guys has an '02 Z06 and was curious how he would do against me. I believe all he had was an exhaust. We went a few times from about 30 to 100 and I had him by about 5 cars (so he said) each time. He's a pretty experienced drag racer (his other car is a 9-second fox-body mustang) and says he runs 114-115 MPH trap speeds in his Z-oh and thinks mine has a good 10 MPH on his :D

Anyways..... :D ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Good kill! Looking forward to spring finally arriving and getting back on the road again myself! Getting a little tired of driving "Godzilla" *L*

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
are you for real? Do you really have a TT LS1? Do you know "Afro_D"...he's got a TT LS1 too.

What setup ar you running?

·
Registered
187 Posts
mmmmmmmmm Z06 ..... yum yum!!! :D

Nice kill...once I get my H/C package installed I'll be looking for similar opportunities, though it'll be a much closer race for me. :)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
man I was worried we were gonna get another riceball story when I clicked on this thing.....

see your ride is '98 Twin Turbo Camaro SS

very nice. good kill

Ya know. I'd love to have a Camaro or Firebird... I"d never EVER be able to afford the insurance though :(

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
XFactor95SupraT said:
are you for real? Do you really have a TT LS1? Do you know "Afro_D"...he's got a TT LS1 too.

What setup ar you running?
Yes I am, yes I do, and no I don't but I'd like to if he has a TT setup too. Dude I've talked smack to you before!

My car is a completely stock motor with Incon twin turbos and upgraded clutch, rear end, and fuel injectors. I run 5 lbs of boost and make 466 whp. Nothing to hide here :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
there is a couple procharged zo6's around here tangling with bpu++ supras and winning.

good kill

i miss playin with z06's up top

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
the Z06 gives straight BPU Supras problems to begin with, with race gas the BPU Supra usually wins :) they are pretty fast cars :) My brother in his Supra TT has run into 3 Z06's and hasn't come close to losing yet, of course his is a lot faster than a BPU :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CheezeFrog said:
Good job, nice run :) What was your trap speed when you went to the track?
It was 119. Unfortunately it was so frickin' crowded that I had to leave before I could get another run in (took 2 hrs in the staging lanes to get in that one)...so that is my one and only pass so far. The 60' was only 1.84 and I launched from idle, so there's lots of room for improvement. I had told the guy I trapped 119 which is why he thought it might be a closer race.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts