NewCelica.org Forum banner

Taurus SHO??

1K views 55 replies 11 participants last post by  Deaks2 
#1 ·
question......how much hp does it that SHO have? cuz i was on route 100 this morning...all of a sudden..he passes me so i downshift from 6th to 4th goin around 80...and those bitches are pretty fast...i was pulling very VERY slowly..are they fast?

#6 ·
I ran a 14.7 @ 98.6 mph (stock), so I cannot agree with the 15.2 1/4 mile remark.

3 generations of SHO:

1989-1991
3.0l 220 hp Yamaha DOHC V6 5-spd

1992-1995
3.2l 220 hp Yamaha DOHC V6 Auto (1993-1995)

1996-1999
3.4l 235 hp Yamaha/Ford DOHC V8 Auto only

And yes, they are highway cars, just like Maxima's...

#7 ·
yeah, but are you stock? if yes, you are a good driver...what about top end? what is top speed on those cars when stock? i am sure a celica will walk any stock ford taurus on the top end...

#9 ·
The time I listed above is stock. I expect to be in the high 13's low 14's this season, after all the winter was mod time ;)

I have gotten this beast upto around 235 km/h (according to the speedo, so minus about 3-4%). That is 146 mph (indicated).

Wind noise from the moonroof was insane at those speeds :eek:

#10 ·
I took out an 03 Type S with RevHappy and WRX, and about another 200lbs of sh!t in my trunk in my SHO...the dude was taking his woman home =)

He even posted about the kill on clubrsx.com, but is too embarrased to come back and post on his own thread now.

Help me keep it alive :)

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65003

#11 ·
Deaks2 said:
I ran a 14.7 @ 98.6 mph (stock), so I cannot agree with the 15.2 1/4 mile remark.

3 generations of SHO:

1989-1991

1992-1995
3.2l 220 hp Yamaha DOHC V6 Auto (1993-1995)

1996-1999
3.4l 235 hp Yamaha/Ford DOHC V8 Auto only

And yes, they are highway cars, just like Maxima's...
I agree with it!...j/k. I got it off of some web site, but a lot of sites say a stock celica can run no 15.6 and 15.4 stock, wich I think they can run faster.

#12 ·
XFactor95SupraT said:
I took out an 03 Type S with RevHappy and WRX, and about another 200lbs of sh!t in my trunk in my SHO...the dude was taking his woman home =)

He even posted about the kill on clubrsx.com, but is too embarrased to come back and post on his own thread now.

Help me keep it alive :)

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65003
Lol, "with like 3 hillbillies in it comes zoomin up". Damn fords...jk :)

#13 ·
yeah, I was actually the only "hillbilly" in the car. RevHappy is Asian, and WRX is Latino...but whatever...I guess everyone riding in a Ford is automatically a hillbilly, just like anyone riding in an import (including myself) becomes "rice".

#14 ·
oh yeah, help me by posting on that thread...I want them RSX boys to have to look at that loss for a looooong time. :)

#15 ·
Aris said:
yeah, but are you stock? if yes, you are a good driver...what about top end? what is top speed on those cars when stock? i am sure a celica will walk any stock ford taurus on the top end...
Not the V6 SHO models, not the V8's either. Both of the Yamaha built SHO engines are high RPM performance engines. The redline was set at 7300 RPM on the 3.0L V6 model SHO's. During testing the engine itself spun safely to 8500 RPM but the accessories couldn't take the high RPM so that's where the 7300 RPM redline came from.

The SHO's are very quick on the top end, you'd better be sporting 300+HP up over 100MPH to have any chance of overtaking one in my experience.

#17 ·
During testing the engine itself spun safely to 8500 RPM but the accessories couldn't take the high RPM so that's where the 7300 RPM redline came from.
You got to be jokeing right?[sarcasm]Cause you know they always have the accessories on the motor itself when they test a engine[/sarcasm]
[more_sarcasm]When they tested the S2000's motor it spun safely to 14,000 RPMs:eek:, but the A/C compressor and P/S pump couldnt take the speed so they had to settle with the 9000 redline[/more_sarcasm]:rolleyes:
And whats the Rod to stroke ratio on them SHO motors again??
:drool:

#20 ·
x-factorWRX said:
Hey JDM crap hows your rice toy doing? are you still losing to WRX's or what.
Thanks for asking, but Im not the one that splashes STi all over my car:gay:.And as far as beating:puke:Suburro WRX's, havent lost to one yet,from a roll that is..
Did your car finally take a CRAP:rofl:, I see your going back to stock

#21 ·
JDM H22A said:

Thanks for asking, but Im not the one that splashes STi all over my car:gay:.And as far as beating:puke:Suburro WRX's, havent lost to one yet,from a roll that is..
Did your car finally take a CRAP:rofl:, I see your going back to stock
nope has been strong since day one and its going back to stock because im trading it in for a S2000 or an STi.

#22 ·
actually, Ford tested the motor for 1.5 hours @ 8500rpm's, after which they disassembled the motor, and found no visable signs of wear. During testing at Yamaha's R&D facility, they netted 300bhp at 11,500rpms, and had the motor tested even faster than that. The S2000's motor is pretty efficient, it's amazing, but the 9000rpm redline is nothing special. With LSD, UDP's, and a tuning device of some sort (ie: shoshop chip), you can run all the way to 8500 on a SHO motor, and be safe.

#23 ·
lol, I see JDM still thinks that an engine swap is a "bolt on" upgrade.

:fawk: JDM H22a :gay:

#26 ·
JDM H22A said:

And the HILARIOUS POST OF THE DAY goes to,(drumroll)-cjbaldw.
Overtaking vehicles over 100MPH is much different than street racing as you well know. I didn't say keeping up with a SHO over 100 MPH, I said actually measurably passing a SHO over that speed. I guarantee your near stock WRX couldn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.