NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is it. Our Stage 4 consists of a Crank and Pistons and Flywheel to make a
1933cc 2.0L outa the GTS. It will be available installed for $3600 in NY.
BUT
We made a Stage 5... Bored the engine to 84mm stroked it added the Flywheel
pistons and crank + rods, head gasket, O rings. Ultimately making this car a 2.1L

Our 2.0 has successfully run with 94 Octane and we finished a whole bottle of
Nitrous on it. It will run at 8100 RPM all day long, No problem. We are at about
220 HP on the 2.0L and we are hoping for 260HP from the 2.1L. Torque gains
are up as well. Both work on 94 Octane gas.

All HP#s include:
Exaust, Headers, Intake, Flywheel, Clutch, Limited Slip, oil cooler and
Fuel Computer.
Our WEBSITE is coming?
we will be filling orders soon

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Bored it out to 84mm huh?

And just what are you using to keep hard metal piston rings from scouring holes in soft aluminum walls?

How thick is the metal matrix that they coat the cylinders with in the GTS?

How thick does it need to be to remain reliable? If I didn't see the answer to those two questions, then I'm not sure sure I would go for the increased bore option.

If you used steel sleeves, how much weight did it add to the engine?

What compression ratio are you running in the 2.0 liter? What brand pistons, what brand rods?

This sounds like a cool kit, and the price installed isn't really that bad, but you didn't supply me with nearly enough details to drive to New York to get a engine installed

Scott

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
We need:

1. Compression Ratio
2. Info on the ECU or Fuel Computer
3. Dyno Chart

Why is a flywheel needed or included with the kit? You said both work on 94 octane gas, but why not 93 octane which is more widely available? If you rebore the cylinder, what kind of sleeves or coating did you put on?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you decide to get an engine done with us, just tell us in advance the Octane you need to run the car at.
And we will tune it to your needs. Stage 4 will require people to either send us your
Bottom half of the engine to do the work, or buy a completed bottom half with the new hardware already
assembled. Our compression is 12.5:1 on 94 Octane gas but we can tune it for 91 Octane I am told. Everyone
will have to supply there own GT spec Lightweight Flywheel.

I will ask about reinforcing the cylinder walls on Stage 5. I know the whole job was a lot more detailed and
required mods on the top half of the engine as well as the bottom half. Our 2.1L isnt even finished yet but its
being done.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
wow, now how about what kind of pistons are being used? what kind of rods? what are you using to tune the kit? do we need to buy our own apex power fc or some kind of AF controller? 3.6k and its done tuned and ready to go?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
vatik

The reason they need a GT spec flywheels is I am assuming that this kit they are offering is using the 1zz crank instead of a 2zz crank that where the extra cc's come into play so when using the 1zz in the 2zz motor it changes the stroke and therefor the flywheel that was mated onto the 2zz crank will NOT fit on a 1zz crank so if you get this kit using the 1zz crank then you must supply a flywheel that will mate with the 1zz crank!! i hope this makes sense this is the best and easiest way I know how to explain it!!!

Justin

1 - 20 of 42 Posts