NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Toyota Corolla S

If any Celica GT owners are interested in joining a club please email me at [email protected] with the subject line (One-ZZ Celica)...include pictures of your car and a list of all modifications as well as future plans. Most importantly why you are interested ?

We have a meet 3/23/03...go to our web site for more information http://www.corollaconcepts.com/team1zz/meetings.htm All Imports and trucks etc. are welcome.

I am also currently looking for a few Matrix XR.

-David 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
woo hooo! JDM says its coo ! ......yeah sorry, I just love JDM. too bad I cant do it on my car.

thats a Toms kit (sides and rear) the front lip is custom. and the spoiler is TRD.

tlminh....
guess what ? After I got the kit I was going to paint it within 2 weeks max but I got a tight as apportunity to turbo my car....hmmm paint ? or turbo ? Anyways....I ended up deciding the turbo kit wasnt for me (at least not that kit) and other stuff too. so it hasnt been painted yet.

Im going to go see 2 shops tomorrow to see who paints it.

you guys have any input ? suggestions ?

btw....thats a cf hood but you cant tell because it was all cloudy that day

·
Registered
687 Posts
dude ur sig is dope with aria giovanni, but its overkill with 5 of her... let us see the freakin car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no no no. No turbo here. I ended up not doing it. I saw another 00 turbo corolla and it had an extrem rough idle. same kit I was going to get. So I said **** that...I'll wait until I can get everything including new fuel system etc. This was just a basic turbo.....t25, pipes, down pipe, blow off valve, exhaust with trd muffler.

I'll just finish a couple things on the car and then go back to look into turbo. no need to rush a project like this.

·
Registered
194 Posts
are you going to paint ur body kit? please do! otherwise ur car looks sweet for a corolla.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
WiseGuyCustomz said:
no no no. No turbo here. I ended up not doing it. I saw another 00 turbo corolla and it had an extrem rough idle. same kit I was going to get. So I said **** that...I'll wait until I can get everything including new fuel system etc. This was just a basic turbo.....t25, pipes, down pipe, blow off valve, exhaust with trd muffler.

I'll just finish a couple things on the car and then go back to look into turbo. no need to rush a project like this.
Rough idle is because the MAF sensor is before the blow off valve (I do believe thats how they placed it if you have rough idle), if you redo that pipping and swap the two you will have alot better idle almost stock idle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tell that to Mike Urbano (toy sport). He built the prototype kit for the corolla.

Im not doing it right now though. too much to rush into. Ive read your threads cool2miketlu so im sure you know this upsidedown by now.

I'll just finish a few things on the car now.....then go back and see what I can do.

·
Registered
687 Posts
please please please PAINT UR bodykit PLEASE! soooo rice to drive around with an unpainted kit on your car

·
Registered
246 Posts
yeah ricey cars are also cars that drive around with unpainted body kits. a civic with an unpainted yellow fiber glass body kit.
stick out like a damm sore thumb...

the rolla is cool, its good that the lip kit is actually black so it matches the car some what...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
holo and happies.... I would agree with you. I have always thought that cars in primer look like ****. never thought I would do it. but like I said I had better things to spend my money on.

right now im back to paint this ****.... I'll be going to this place a friend of mine told me about called J&H autobody to get prices. theres also a place here (forgot the name) near where I work in cerritos that I'll go look at just for the **** of it.

but A friend of mine, Jon from Kontradictions, told me to check out bodypros so probably saturday I will be out there. I also read some of you guys recomended Wet Works in orange ? I saw it in the "bodyshop" thread

you guys seem to have nice cars and Im sure you know that unless you have a beater to keep you moving it takes patience and time to build up a nice car.

Thanx to the guys who back me up.

lol voodoo...... in case you were serious. isnt it best to have auto for a turbo ? or even for nitrous for example ? because this way you dont need to stop squeezing between gears ? Im not a pro or expert racer whatever. but I have always heard that.

btw... I think I saw your car at Forbidden Fantasy. Or was it someone else ? I'll say whats up next time. I didnt know you were on this board.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts