NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I believe the problems have all subsided for now. It turns out the reason we couldn't get the air bubbles to stop is that there are two bleeding points in the front (One for the radiator and one for the heater core). I bled the car entirely according to factory spec yesterday and filled it up. It dumped a bit out of the overflow tank on a hard turn (guess I filled it too much). But I took out a few times yesterday and beat the snot out of it in 98 degree weather. Needle stuck like a champ. I even let it sit at a stop idling for 20 minutes...nada. Didn't even flinch while driving.

I also took the liberty to do a compression test to check for any head damage that may have resulted from that. I was very very shocked to find that the 193K motor put down perfect 180 across all 4 cylinders. The service manual states it should be 164 or more. So no detectable head damage that way.

Now on to my next problem.....My goddamn manual boost controller adjustment screw fell out back in Jersey (which would explain the boost lag). I'm stuck at stock boost (7-10 psi). Turns out that evo erik and I played with had even less power....hahaha

I know most of you won't care about this thread, but some of you will ;)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I do care CHris, glad to hear that you beast is all well again. Oh by the way it was nice to have met your old lady too. LOL

·
Registered
821 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
I'm sure your compression would've been higher without the help of Seafoam. ;)
Seafoam? Isnt that stuff to prevent or fix slush in the engine.

I have a Toyota Camry and on the toyotanation forums I learned that certain years commonly suffer that problem

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Yup, Seafoam will eliminate any sludge buildup you may have accumulated. You should also invest in something called the Liquivac from EastwoodCo.com. It sucks up the oil with a hose through the dipstick tube, and can suck up sludge buildup before it can accumulate again.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Tikked Again said:
Did you wash your car yet Erik?
And on a side note, I don't know about you guys but my internal clock has not yet corrected itself after getting home @ 5:30am and only sleeping 'till 11am. :ugh:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Good to hear it's fine, we saw like 6 of you pulled over but decided to keep going cause there was enough people standing around

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
S|Lv3rBu||et said:
Did you wash your car yet Erik?
And on a side note, I don't know about you guys but my internal clock has not yet corrected itself after getting home @ 5:30am and only sleeping 'till 11am. :ugh:
Yeah me either Neal that is why I left work at 12pm today so I could relax and pass out.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
SickCelica696 said:
Good to hear it's fine, we saw like 6 of you pulled over but decided to keep going cause there was enough people standing around
I believe that was us you saw. We were still on Island State Beach Park road, or whatever that was called, not even on the highway yet.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Maybe.. it was on rt 37/35 I think.. over on the right side..

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not quite sure where it came from, my guess was the overflow tank. She might not entirely like that hose all too much either, but a new one should be in by the time I get back from NY.

Jenny followed me up to Nashua/Amherst last night and didn't get any coolant on teh C-Rolla. Hey Erik, I got a new MR Clean auto dry if you wanna wash your car ;).

We'll see what happens, at the end of the week I'm throwing the 160 degree thermo in and flushing the entire cooling system. I'm surprised no one has posted the pics of the hose and thermo...hahah

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Stories, stories, what about the car that a blown tire that came flying towards my windshield, got stock under my wheel plastic and my tire and lock the tire, making me loose control of the car, I almost hit the damn divider, all my wheel plastic got ripped off and I had to drive with a bare CAI filter both ways.. it sucked.. but at the end it was awesome, I still have dreams riding the APR celica with the charger... that was by far the best feeling ever, S/C here I come...lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts