NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question...but will Tein SS lowering springs work with the stock celica struts/shocks?

·
Registered
288 Posts
they will work but will wear you shocks out much quicker

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
:werd:

There are plenty of people here on the boards who have been running s-techs and other mild-drop springs on stock shocks for years with no problems. It all depends on the kind of driving you do.

·
Registered
878 Posts
been more than 2 years with my stock shocks and s. tech springs, still good

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tein S-techs are fine. They are a less severe drop than some other companies. They will last a long time before you have to replace your struts. Go fot it in otherwords.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Newbie question, but what is the difference between Tein's S-Tech springs and H-Tech springs, price are similar. Which would be better for my GT-S?

·
Registered
878 Posts
difference is, the s. tech is a lower drop than the h. tech, 1.4" all around compare to the h. tech which is .8" all around

·
Registered
700 Posts
if anyone wants some i just decided (now) to sell mine. they only have 5k miles on them and i bought them from LowCarbonBlue and never installed them. $110 shipped firm

·
Registered
60 Posts
^^ Do you have the S-Techs? If so i might be interested

·
Registered
60 Posts
i'll hit u up next week if u still have them i'll take em. BTW how much would a shop usually charge to put those on?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Shifty said:
i'll hit u up next week if u still have them i'll take em. BTW how much would a shop usually charge to put those on?

I have been shopping for tein springs also. I went to my local toyota dealer and they told me $100 to install springs. I dont know if thats was the best place to go and get a price, but its just a start.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts