1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Diesel Dud, I'm in Anchorage, ALASKA...0 degrees? You'll be fine

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I think you may have problems with the threat getting rust from the winter salt tho. That prevents you from adjusting your ride height after a while.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
well...i have the Tein SS system, and everytime i clean my car, i take my hose and spray the crap out of the threads of the coilover body so that it cleans all the salt and dirt out of the threads. and when i rotate my tires i take a rag and clean them up real nice. i think as long as you spray them off you will not have a problem with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Voidhawk,
You can have the EDFC motors to fit under the hood. It's a tight fit and you have to do a bit of custom work, but they fit. And it works. I have the Tein HA. I installed the controller under the radio (DIN size, not stock radio). Actually, it's more trouble installing the small motors on rear shocks. It's fun to listen to the sound those small motors make.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Erik00AutoGT-S said:
Voidhawk,
You can have the EDFC motors to fit under the hood. It's a tight fit and you have to do a bit of custom work, but they fit. And it works. I have the Tein HA. I installed the controller under the radio (DIN size, not stock radio). Actually, it's more trouble installing the small motors on rear shocks. It's fun to listen to the sound those small motors make.
damn - that's kick ass! I thought the EDFC only works with the type flex? How much did you pay for the whole thing, and can you post pics (pretty please) :)?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Voidhawk,
As I said, it's not a bolt-on. But, if you can clear the hood, they work fine. I had to shave off the inside threads in the motor's base, so they seat lower on the shock. This way, you can close the hood. I have a digital picture (poor quality), I even have a poor quality Quictime video, but I don't know how to upload it (My computer skills are basics). But, if you give me your email address, it'll be a pleasure to send you what I have. And if you have a fast Internet access, I have a video that'll make you cry (no dash).
Erik

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
hey guys, i mite sell the skunk2 lowering springs i ordered a while back..never installed..still in box....where can i order a pair of tein coilovers at a good price..i want the privelege to adjust them when i get rims.

Also, does anyone have them w/ stock shocks..If so, how does the ride handle?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts