NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm wondering if anyone has ever sat in Tenzo racing seats. Possibly even the rally ones.

Just wondering if they are any good.

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
If you can find them, and are willing to pay the cash, look for a set of BMW Vader seats. By far the most comfortable seats I've ever been in. They really are Recaro seats I believe just reupolsterd in leather and (in my case) ///M logo. But mine are 12 way adjustable. Just have a great feel. Now if I could have gotten them without the leather... (your arse slides all over when cornering hard, not a big fan of it. That and leather is too damn hot in the summer for my tastes -- I don't use A/C)

·
Registered
942 Posts
The company name is Tenzo Racing Sports, so what if they shorten it to Tenzo R?

Sure they might be marketing on the whole Type-R fad, but honestly, wtf is wrong with "Tenzo R", it thier actual company name shortened.

Would it make you feel better if it was "Tenzo RS"?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
First off, are they really race seats? If so then they will have a FIA, SFI or some other number associated with them.

If they don't, then they are show seats. Racers have rules and governing bodies who approve of safety equipment. To get approval there has to be testing. My money says that Tenzo has never crash tested anything.

My very affordable ($200 each) Corbeau seats happen to have an FIA stamp on them.

Scott

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I actually thought about getting a pair of Tenzo Seats. Unless I get some feedback on them, I guess I might very well end up going Corbeau or even Sparco.

Can someone tell me why BRIDE is so expensive?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
heh.. I figured it has something to do with that.
They look ugly as fock though. I would rather get a pair of Torino's than all the BRIDE seats I've seen.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i sat in tenzos before, they hugh you but don't feel very comfy for long drives, but my torinos feel, ahhh well they are well worth the price.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i like the TRD Recaro seats. those look real nice. and they are RECARO's too! JDM!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts