NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for coming out for the oil change night. always cool to see everyone. thanks to clint as always for providing the venue, and mr jiffy lube for the blazing quick changes. i shoulda called you on your new cell before i bought oil :)
sorry i couldnt stay longer but i had to work at 8 this morning...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
it was nice to actually meet some of you guys in person, that was pretty cool. jay, thanks for picking up the washers for me.

clint... thanks for helping with the CEL... but it came on again! lol.. im gonna try resetting the ecu again, and see if that helps.

seems like everyone has their own "specialty", so just thought i'd mention that if you have any computer problems, or any computer related questions, i might be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
441 Posts
whats wrong with the car?

·
Registered
742 Posts
wish i could've stopped by to hang out but i'm still down with the flu so i've been taking it easy and staying home and resting up...i wanna get over this flu ASAP....glad you guys had fun though

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Kyler, DAMN I was hoping that would help. James just called me and pointed something out that I hadn't thought about before. How is the gasket for your MAF sensor? Is it sealing tightly? I know ppl were having a problem with those things if they weren't careful... a little leakage will trip the CEL too.

If anything, you might have to take it somewhere to have the code read for your CEL. I wonder if there's an online guide as to how to do this?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
No problem Jay. Hey Kyler if the CEL still keep comming on let me know. You can drop by Pearl Kai Jiffy Lube when I'm working and we I can use the OBD II reader and see what code you're getting. I can also reset the light.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
GTS808 said:
No problem Jay. Hey Kyler if the CEL still keep comming on let me know. You can drop by Pearl Kai Jiffy Lube when I'm working and we I can use the OBD II reader and see what code you're getting. I can also reset the light.
id really appreciate that.. i reset the ecu last night, and the CEL came on this morning when i started it up. argh! please let me know when you would like me to stop by. thanks for helping with this.

oh wait a minute.. does the CEL have to be on to get a reading? or can you look up the last error code? cause the cel only comes on when the engine is completely cold. like early morning or late night if the car has not been used for several hours.

give me a call if anything. 225-7557. thanks.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
hey jon, thanks for taking the time to get the error code. i didnt mean to just drop by like that, but i was in the area and...

anyway, the cel never came back on since you took a look at it. but we'll see how it goes tomorrow morning... thanks again!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
bad news... cel came on this morning. i made an appointment with toyota to look at during spring break. just gotta figure out how to mount that last piece of the air box back on so it doesnt look tampered with... but thanks for everyones help with this.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
That sucks man. Tell them that you bought the car used and it was like that already. Of course they might know everything because thier damn spies are reading this as we speak. :wtf:

Is that why you guys always give me sh*t when I go there? huh, huh? post up and answer me!

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
hehe only if you're wearing a hat that says "JON" with an arrow that points down. Then again, if you were to wear a hat like that, I'd give you a hard time too LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts