NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big thanks to Dooly for providing me with LED for this conversion.

Now I just gotta change the ac control panel and clock to blue :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
What kind of pod gauges are those? Cuz that looks really good, and i'm trying to get some gauges to match like that on the pillar (except blue) I can't seem to find any. I hope it isn't custom :( (Looks amazing)

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
They look like Autometer Ultra-Lites to me. If so, how visible are the numbers and the needle in real life, 01 Spectra GT-S (cameras can't pick up light sources very accurately)? And what did you use to illuminate them (supplied bulb w/ red cover or LED)? I've got a set waiting to be installed into my car, and I'll be using a Lazer LED to illuminate each of them.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MP3Supply: Bomber is right, that is a Apex-i RSM above my stereo.
Tsuyosa: Autometer ultra-lite as blue bomber said..
Bomber: I have autometer ultra-lite and I just changed the amber light bulb to red. Overall is not bad, not as bright as I expected to be, but enough to see all the numbers on the gauge. Also the camera didn't pickup all the light that well, in person everything looks brighter.

Now does anyone know how to change the clock color to blue? :)

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by 01 Spectra GT-S
Now does anyone know how to change the clock color to blue? :)
Get a blue gel filter sheet from StudioDepot.com (around $7). The color True Blue should work fine. All you need to do is take the clock apart (4 gold bolts on the back), place 1 or 2 layers of the film over the numbers, and put it back together. The clock will appear a bit dimmer during the day, but will be fine at night.

BTW, using one of these may make the gauges light up brighter:
http://store.yahoo.com/coolbidnow/laledcamodre.html

It's what I'll be using, and it's very bright. It just needs to be positioned properly to light up everything (push it close to the top front of the gauge and glue or tape it in place).

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
No matter how hard you try, the clock will only get more blue. Don't expect it to take on the same color as the stereo. It just won't happen. The compass on the rearview mirror is a different story.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Tsuyosa
So the ultra lights come with a light in them? or would i have to put one in it to make the effect?
Yup, they come with a regular 194/168 bulb, with a red and a green cap to change the color.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Actually, i checked out the autometer website. The cobalt series is looking really nice.

Do you know if it's actuall a true blue? or more like an aqua/greenish/ teal poop.

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
baNanA_ryCe said:
meh...i like full color...like all red or all blue...but that looks like a giant clash to me
:werd:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts