NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well I saw a G35 coupe catching up to me. I rolled down my window and the sound from his exhaust system was so sexy. It was not TOO loud and it was not TOO quiet either. I mean each time he shifted and accelerated there was this deep tone that was coming out of the exhaust. I fell in love. Obviously I couldn't go up to the driver and say hey I like the sound of your car, that would sound corny. So any of you guys suggest an exhaust that has that deep tone that won't sound TOO RICEY like that blazing zipping sound. I like that deep tone when the car accelerates its speed. VERY VERY SEXY! Help me find "the one". SOmeone suggested Greddy..but typically I want to narrow it down to the specific brand and then model. Sound clips would be cool to listen through. :chuckles:

·
Registered
663 Posts
well it does have a V6 so it's definitely going to be a lot deeper but... as far as for Celica's I hear the HKS exhaust has a nice deep tone and isn't all that much louder then stock... that's why I'm probably going to get it... Greddy I'm not sure how it sounds but I know it's very quiet almost the same as stock.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
tranxendz said:
Okay well I saw a G35 coupe catching up to me. I rolled down my window and the sound from his exhaust system was so sexy. It was not TOO loud and it was not TOO quiet either. I mean each time he shifted and accelerated there was this deep tone that was coming out of the exhaust. I fell in love. Obviously I couldn't go up to the driver and say hey I like the sound of your car, that would sound corny. So any of you guys suggest an exhaust that has that deep tone that won't sound TOO RICEY like that blazing zipping sound. I like that deep tone when the car accelerates its speed. VERY VERY SEXY! Help me find "the one". SOmeone suggested Greddy..but typically I want to narrow it down to the specific brand and then model. Sound clips would be cool to listen through. :chuckles:
i hear one around my house and i'm pretty sure it's a different exhaust from the one you heard. but the one i heard sounded like the stock sound, but 10X louder and more high pitched. nothing deep at all. this g35 made me not like their exhausts. but i'll change my mind when i hear one that has the exhaust that you heard.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
I have the greddy evo2 exhaust system. Its louder than stock, but not too loud. Its exactley what I wanted to sound a little diff than normal, but not have cops turn their heads 2 blocks away to look for you cause they hear your exhaust coming.

I would say either greddy, trd (not kazuma), or TSRM would work. I have heard good things about the Espilir exhaust as well. It all really depends on how loud you want it versus the power it makes..because there are exhausts that sound great but dont make any power...and then vice versa.

I thought CA had a no exhaust system modifications policy going on now? Maybe im wrong.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
vegeta4ss said:
I have the greddy evo2 exhaust system. Its louder than stock, but not too loud. Its exactley what I wanted to sound a little diff than normal, but not have cops turn their heads 2 blocks away to look for you cause they hear your exhaust coming.

I would say either greddy, trd (not kazuma), or TSRM would work. I have heard good things about the Espilir exhaust as well. It all really depends on how loud you want it versus the power it makes..because there are exhausts that sound great but dont make any power...and then vice versa.

I thought CA had a no exhaust system modifications policy going on now? Maybe im wrong.
couple stories on here with the trd exhaust in california. they said something like....it came like the from the factory, showed papers... and asked the cop, "why would toyota sell illegal exhausts as an option if it was illegal?"

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I like Greddy alot, but its almost stock...has a nice sound to it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think the Stock Infiniti exhuast sounds like crap! The G35 and the FX sound the same, and I don't care for them at all. Now, when I heard a G35 with, what I think were Injen exhuast pipes, WOW!!! What a difference. No more muffled high pitch sound, like a magentic generator. It truely sounded like a CAR!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The reason why I want it to sound not too loud and noticeable is b/c cops in Cali are mean. I mean seriously they will pull you over for anything just to give you a ticket. Funny thing is they usually stop really nice cars. Why don't they stop the ugly ones (those are usually the drug dealers anyways)

Usually when they stop you, they ask you a lot of questions...And it's like nerve wrecking. I just don't want them to crazy about it. I just like a deep tone that won't disturb my conversations with my passengers when I'm talkin to them. I don't what it to be like "What you say???" "Huh??" "What???" LoL. I just don't want to talk 10x louder just so they can hear me over the exhaust!

·
Registered
31 Posts
That HKS sounds real nice! How much is that? Do they have a bolt on?

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much. I looked on Ebay it looks around $500

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just don't like the look of it..THE SOUND IS PERFECT. the look isn't...Haha any ideas or other exhausts that don't look ricey and sounds like that?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts