NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I hate to say it, but I have a freind in Austin who owns the system for his MRS and he loves it.
Said it worked real well, only problem was the install was a bitch.
Other then that he had real good luck with it.
I say try it out and tell us how it works out for you.
It wont beat my AEM CAI, but it may work out well. Wont have to fear Hydrolock. Not that I ever do. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Weapon R claims that their cold air box will keep the air cooler than a CAI can. I don't know if it's true or not though. My friend has a Weapon R short ram on his Integra and he loves it. It sounds great too. Why does everybody hate them so much?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Somehow I think the company would do better if they didn't have an "R" in their company name.... It just aggravates the "Type-R" sticker ricer situation.... everything's gotta be an 'R'. Personally, I have trouble taking them seriously.. :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
they came on here a long time ago with a "prototype" of this product. some people were interested but the weapon r guy wa a ****.

they had like photoshoped pics of an engine with a little black square saying that was it. they're still using that pic. tell me this is not a photoshop:

maybe its not but it sure looks like it.

and someone tell me how this would be a good thing. getting a short ram, and then blocking it off so it gets very little air, and what air it does get is still from the engine bay. how would that be much different from stock? i don't see how any of the air that gets in will be colder. our stock airbox only pulls in air from that front vent where the celica logo is. so its like we have a stock "cold air box".

i bet they have not even made one for the celica yet. thats the only pic ever released of this thing and no one owns one. so...

not to mention they charge 170 bucks for THAT!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
from the company that brought you:

"Pssst ... is the sound of the Turbo Spooling. This oil cap not only provides boost,
but it also accents your engine for those who LOVE turbos.

TECH SPECS:
Made of casted aluminum, which is the same material that makes up a Real Turbo,
this Oil filler Cap is guaranteed to last."

Note: this is only a novelty item kids

and aren't they the ones that many people have sair their filters tend to break up and get sucked into the intake?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Andy00GTS said:
TRASH! <makes fart noises>
ur damn straight....hey andy u know the cavy runnin around CL wit mystic styles on the windshield, 18 inch chrome rims wit stock ride height, big aluminum wing, and thousands of apc stickers all over....i think hes runnin a weaponR intake

-Dustin

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I am just posting this to point out a fact.
Non of you have used it, you dont have a clue as to if it works. You are going on your own opinions and not looking at fact.
Like I said before, it may not work well, but a freind of mine has it on his MRS and swears by it. It seemed to work real well for him. So I dont know where you all are getting your info from, but dont down a product unless you have some sort of reason to.

I dont think it will make as much as my AEM, but I do think it will work better then a short ram system would. The concept makes since, its not to expensive, and it could look real nice in a dressed up engine bay.
So whats the big deal.
Its a new product that deserves a bit of slack.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
DJ_GLITCH_OS said:
I am just posting this to point out a fact.
Non of you have used it, you dont have a clue as to if it works. You are going on your own opinions and not looking at fact.
Like I said before, it may not work well, but a freind of mine has it on his MRS and swears by it. It seemed to work real well for him. So I dont know where you all are getting your info from, but dont down a product unless you have some sort of reason to.

I dont think it will make as much as my AEM, but I do think it will work better then a short ram system would. The concept makes since, its not to expensive, and it could look real nice in a dressed up engine bay.
So whats the big deal.
Its a new product that deserves a bit of slack.
this is actually a very old topic. like i said, back when they came up with this idea, a supposed "technician" came on here and it was just a mess. people would ask him stuff and he was just rude and he seemed to not know what he's talking about. add to that that the pic looks fake. and its not a new product, this was from a good year ago. as for not being expensive, i think its very expensive, if you get the intake and its box or whatever its like over 300 bucks. more than any cai. and i would not be willing to risk my engine with their stuff. i hope your friend isn't using their filters. do a search you'll find what i'm talking about. as for "the concept making sense" someone is going to have to show me how it makes sense. how is it better than the short rams with heat shields already out? i would say its worse, since the box seems to limit air intake, and if the top is covered like in the fake pic, then its pulling air in from the engine bay, not from the front air vent like normal short rams with heat shields do.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I know its old news, but like I said, I know of a guy who ahs one and it works very well. And no he is not using there filter. lol. he has an Apex-i filter.

As far as not understanding ohow it works. I think that is due to not looking for how it works. It obviusly draws its air from under the box. If you look at the loaction, pulling air into the box from underneith would be pretty damn cold, considering it is now sheilded from the rest of the engine bay and also drawing in air from the lowest coldest point of the engine compartment. Its like the AEM or Ingen CAI, but it has a filter inside the box and away from the elemnts.
A heat sheild for a Short ram only keep the direct heat from the engine from being sucked into the air flow. It does not drasticly change the air temp in the engine bay. The front of the Celica does not flow as much as people would like to think. If it did, you would find your engine to get pretty damn wet in a rain storm. It flows well enough to let fresh air in, but not enough to cool it down to out side temps. Weapon-R's (I hate that name) box does just that, allows the filter to sit in a confinde space away from the bays heat and yet also away from the out side elemnts.

Like I said, the idea is very good. As far as to how it works on the celica. I honestly don't know, but it seems to work very well on my freind MRS. So....I would have to think it works pretty good for our cars as well. :)
Please point out where I may be wrong, and dont take any of what I say as argument. I just want to get the facts straight.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
DJ_GLITCH_OS said:
I know its old news, but like I said, I know of a guy who ahs one and it works very well. And no he is not using there filter. lol. he has an Apex-i filter.

Not to be picky....but why did you just say "I know its old news" when the post previous to the one you posted, you said "It's a new product that deserves a bit of slack."???? Anyways....also, no wonder it does your friend a huge change, it's because he's using a Apexi filter, which is the best you can get on the market. The short ram tube can't be that different from any other short ram intake out there. Heck, I could even design my own tubing with a hole cut out for the MAFS. All you need is the good filter. So it's really not what weapon-R's product that did him good with his intake.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
KSilver2000 said:

Not to be picky....but why did you just say "I know its old news" when the post previous to the one you posted, you said "It's a new product that deserves a bit of slack."???? Anyways....also, no wonder it does your friend a huge change, it's because he's using a Apexi filter, which is the best you can get on the market. The short ram tube can't be that different from any other short ram intake out there. Heck, I could even design my own tubing with a hole cut out for the MAFS. All you need is the good filter. So it's really not what weapon-R's product that did him good with his intake.
WOW that is one of the most wrong answers I have ever seen posted. There is so much that goes into making an intake. Its more then just getting a tube and making a hole and placing a filter on the end. Hell if you think its that simple, nake one and get in on the action. LMAO

I think every one is forgetting that this is NOT A SHORT RAM.
Part of being a short ram is that it is not a CAI. This is by all means a COLD air intake. It intakes COLD AIR with out confronting the problems you have with a standard CAI set up that run to the Fog light location "in most cases".

Going by your comment,
Since I put an Apex-i filter on my AEM CAI I wasted my cash on the AEM. Might as well just run some Air ducting from the TB, and put an Apex-i filter on the end. WOW I bet the gains will be HUGE!!!! I dont think so.

There is obviusly a lot you dont know about Intake systems. The way the tube is desghined, the length, the metal, if the use or dont use powder coat, where the filter is located, the filter its self, and the diamiter of the tube. Not to mention numerous of other small details. Its not a simple 1 hour do in your room project.

Also I stated it was a new product due to the fact NONE OF YOU HAVE USED IT! And its only about a year old, its not super new, but it is a new product of theirs. People still consider the VVTL-i A NEW ENGINE. and how long has it been out????

Once again, I dont see why every one downs an obviusly good idea when they have yet to try it or know of some one who has. I have told you that I have proof that it works well on a difrent car, so why would it not work for our car????
If you dont like there filter, dont use it.
If you dont like there products....dont use them.
But please dont shout out uneducated comments about a product you know nothing about. It dosnt help any one and only keeps people from trying a potentially good product by CLAMING it is a bad product. Even though you DONT KNOW.

I am so glad that there are still people making crap for our cars after all the crap that is talked in the fourum. No wonder Honda owners get so much for so cheap. Theres more of them and they BITCH less then most of us.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.