NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read and tried almost all the red neck methods of reducing oil consumption in my 2000 GT ,Lucas oil,catch cans,seafoam,heavier oil but this is the best way to get rid of the problem !!!!
[/IMG]

·
Registered
479 Posts
the only way that i know is to swap out the engine for a 03+. sleeving the block will also work. i dont know of any other methods.

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
The best way is to not put any oil in the engine at all.

If there is no oil then there is nothing to consume.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I put a motor in it from an 05 W/23K on it and just finished it up,I filled all the fluids up and fired it up last night and this should take care of the oil problems once and for all !!! I need to burp the air out of the cooling system and put the hood back on and it is ready to drive.I also turned flywheel and put a new clutch set in,new brakes and rotors up front.All fluids drained and refilled with fresh and it already had four new Bridgestones put on right before I bought it Oh,I also replaced the Cat and mid pipe,everything from header to muffler!!!
[/IMG]

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
There's a little thing sticking out of the intake manifold. There's a hose hooked up to it if you still have the stock intake.

It's right next to the opening where the throttle is.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i cant see the hose anywhere near the TB. iont wana waste my money going to the mechanic

There's a little thing sticking out of the intake manifold. There's a hose hooked up to it if you still have the stock intake.

It's right next to the opening where the throttle is.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
take a picture of ur intake manifold with throttle body and i'll point it out for u..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lift the hood and there is a small tube coming from the air filter box that plugs into the intake nipple.

·
Registered
506 Posts
just got done doing same thing. stock '00 gt had 167,xxx on it and was burning like a mofo. got a motor from mr2. having a new clutch is amazing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drove mine today for the first time and you are right having a new clutch is amazing !!! It grabs right off the floor,took a little getting used to but it actually makes car quicker !!!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Drove mine today for the first time and you are right having a new clutch is amazing !!! It grabs right off the floor,took a little getting used to but it actually makes car quicker !!!
its not any quicker you butt dyno is just being fooled. and is there a reason for two threads?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea,there is a reason for two threads !!! The other thread has more photos for reference to others with with the same common problem,and how would know if car is not any quicker,my other engine had a clogged cat,bad rings and a weak clutch!!!Of course it would be quicker with a new clutch with positive engagement instead of slipping a while before engaging !!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.