NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i took my celica to the track in Budds Creek, Maryland, the only mods i had done were and intake and drag radials. The first few runs i was hitting low 15's. Then i decided to unbolt the rear section of my exhaust, this helped out alot. I guess it freed up backpressure and made my car a bit quicker. My best time for the day was [email protected] It was only my second time at the track and i found out that i had to launch high with the nitto NT555R drags. I was launching around 4500-5500 rpm. I hope this helps you guys out a little. I also made it to the quik 8 that day and everybody had came around and was lookin at my car tryin to figure why it was so fast. It was kinda funny.

·
Registered
645 Posts
good job~
hey i got celica GT-S 6spd also~ w/ injen rd intake and TsuperRacing medalion~
do you think i can pull mid 14's like you?

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
nice times.. if u have sotck exhaus then you should gain a few ponies by unbolting..ofcourse this would change if u were to have an aftermarket exhaust, then its kinda pointless..

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
hmm, maybe my times hurt so much b/c i'm still running the stock yokos. is it recommended to use drag radials for the drag strip? how much are they, sounds like they would be expensive.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
the stockers are fine for drag racing

Chiznarles said:
hmm, maybe my times hurt so much b/c i'm still running the stock yokos. is it recommended to use drag radials for the drag strip? how much are they, sounds like they would be expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts