NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....well, actually 4WD:

Can you say TITAN? It's an LE King Cab model with 4WD and the Big Tow package.

Being one of the few peeps who actually still liked the Celica after 4 years, it comes as a suprise, even to myself! But, the practical side of my brain realized that the Celica was a pain to deal with when I had to drive my 3 year old daughter. Also, since my other hobby is boating, I knew that sooner or later I was going to need a tow vehicle, as my wife's car is now getting older, to the point where I am not as confident using it to tow, as I used to be. Also, this now gives me the ability to get a larger boat!

Lastly, the Celica managed to maintain a good portion of it's value, making it a very wise choice to trade, as opposed to riding the depreciation rollercoaster to the bottom.

I wish that I could have kept the Celica, as it made a nice and economical daily driver, but the insurance cost alone was higher than the additional fuel cost that the Titan will cost me. Also, the trade allowed me to get into a loaded Titan for less than $14,000, which is very reasonable for me. Overall, I am very happy with my new truck.

Lastly, this change has created a few items that I have featured in the "For Sale" forum:

-Shameless Plug-

FS: OEM 16" GT-S wheels with Snow Tires!

Free to Good Home: OEM GT-S exhaust

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The celica was never ment to be an multi-purpose vehicle or a primary if you have a family.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I like it and wouldn't mind a nice truck but I think the Celica lightweight nimbleness has spoiled me. Even most larger cars feel like piloting a cement mixer. You should get a Mini and haul it ..... in the bed. :)

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by CeliCar
I like it and wouldn't mind a nice truck but I think the Celica lightweight nimbleness has spoiled me. Even most larger cars feel like piloting a cement mixer.
The X-Runner should solve that dilema. ;)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I like those Titans. But if I had a choice with a family car, i'd choose the SUV counterpart, the Armada. It's agressive looking and has lots of room....

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
MAN!!! Change the title man... Change it to "My Celica....."
Using title as is I thought you got some magazine that says next model is going to be RWD or AWD like Alltrac or something...
Freaking got me excited for nothing....

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
The X-Runner should solve that dilema. ;)
:werd: Seems that it will handle just as well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TRD-CELICA-GT02 said:
I like those Titans. But if I had a choice with a family car, i'd choose the SUV counterpart, the Armada. It's agressive looking and has lots of room....
I looked at the Armada, but the Titan had more than enough room for my family, plus it comes with a really nice large cargo area that I am not afraid to get wet or dirty, and is not limited by height. Also, the kicker was a $10,000 price savings over the Armada.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool2miketlu said:
MAN!!! Change the title man... Change it to "My Celica....."
Using title as is I thought you got some magazine that says next model is going to be RWD or AWD like Alltrac or something...
Freaking got me excited for nothing....
That was intentional to get all of you RWD fanboys to look!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CeliCar said:
I like it and wouldn't mind a nice truck but I think the Celica lightweight nimbleness has spoiled me. Even most larger cars feel like piloting a cement mixer. You should get a Mini and haul it ..... in the bed. :)
I'm with you. I hard a hard time parting with the Celica, but the comfort and usefulness of this new truck has far outweighed my desire to keep the Celica.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by daSchtick
I'm with you. I hard a hard time parting with the Celica, but the comfort and usefulness of this new truck has far outweighed my desire to keep the Celica.
Day to day life of an ADULT.

·
Registered
501 Posts
daSchtick said:

Lastly, the Celica managed to maintain a good portion of it's value, making it a very wise choice to trade, as opposed to riding the depreciation rollercoaster to the bottom.

Also, the trade allowed me to get into a loaded Titan for less than $14,000, which is very reasonable for me.

So, how much did they give you for the Celica (and please include what Celica you had...meaning GTS, auto or 6 speed and mileage).
Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Re: The Celica has been replaced by RWD..

Drew said:
So, how much did they give you for the Celica (and please include what Celica you had...meaning GTS, auto or 6 speed and mileage).
Thanks.
After 4 years of ownership (to the day!), I received $14,000 on trade. It was an '01 GT-S 6M with 45,000 miles. Considering that I payed 21,800 for it, $7800 loss over 48 months yielded a monthly depreciation of $163/mo. Try to find a lease for that!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The Celica has been replaced by RWD..

daSchtick said:
After 4 years of ownership (to the day!), I received $14,000 on trade. It was an '01 GT-S 6M with 45,000 miles. Considering that I payed 21,800 for it, $7800 loss over 48 months yielded a monthly depreciation of $163/mo. Try to find a lease for that!
Wow! My God. Were they on drugs? That's super high. I am looking to get rid of my Celica for similar reasons to yourself and I would jump up and down if the dealer offered me $14,000 for my Celica. I am thinking they are going to offer me ~$10K...Although I do have a 00 GTS, 6M with every option available (even side airbags) and 55K miles.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Celica has been replaced by RWD..

Drew said:
Wow! My God. Were they on drugs? That's super high. I am looking to get rid of my Celica for similar reasons to yourself and I would jump up and down if the dealer offered me $14,000 for my Celica. I am thinking they are going to offer me ~$10K...Although I do have a 00 GTS, 6M with every option available (even side airbags) and 55K miles.
I was kind of impressed too! I think my "I don't really care if I buy" attitude helped things along. I honestly wasn't that serious about buying when I began to look, although I was quickly able to get the purchase price that I was looking to pay. Then they asked the famous question, "What'll it take...", and told them I would have to get a good trade, because I really didn't feel like trying to sell my car outright, and the deal was broken without it.

I actually negotiated the trade-in price over the phone, which worked nice because they figured if they didn't hook me in now, it was never going to happen.

BTW, I had all the of options except side airbags, and it was in "exceptional" condition.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts