NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt like waking up this morning, getting in the box and hitting the switches to find out my pressure switch was frozen solid. No air isnt fun and neither is waiting 20 minutes for it to thaw out.

What is fun is stealing moms CRV and doing AWD donuts in the Sears parking lot at work, on the clock.

· Registered
14,658 Posts
RWD comes in handy. Last night after playing poker I was leaving the house I was at. I needed to turn around in a small cul-de-sac and didn't really have room unless I did a 3-point turn. It was covered in snow so I just used the gas to kick around the back end to turn around. Put it in 4wd and continued. :D

RWD = U-turn friendly.

· Registered
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by 2000 XYR
CRV = fake AWD.
nah, got me home in 8 inches of snow with no problems. I was passing many oversized SUVs whose 4WD and torque got them no where. When doing donuts with it, its not quite the same as doing them in a WRX or EVO but its close.

· Registered
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by WillyWonka
Having a toaster that freezes seems to be against the laws of nature.

hahaha. This is good. The sig is choice as well bro.

I like to fight the laws of nature, it allows me to feel normal when any male member of DCM throws their tongue at me.

· Registered
14,658 Posts
BrianGTS said:
nah, got me home in 8 inches of snow with no problems. I was passing many oversized SUVs whose 4WD and torque got them no where.
Well I drove a civic in over a foot of unplowed snow with no problems. I drove an MR2 around on "plowed" roads after 35 inches fell. If you understand how to drive in snow you can drive about anything, barring laws of physics. I do like full-time AWD systems versus a standard 4x4 which is how most 4wd vehicles are going, especially foreign ones. But I dont' like the Rav4/CRV "realtime" AWD thing. I want to know that I'm in 4wd or AWD mode, not hope that it magically cuts on when I start to slip. I would never buy one.

· Premium Member
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by 2000 XYR
RWD = U-turn friendly.
:thumbdown

Originally posted by schlegelbagel
FWD+ebrake+snow = great Uturns! :thumbup:
[doug's stamp of approval] :thumbup: [/d.s.a.]

i like to make a nice 90degree turn right into my driveway, and then another into the garage. :D

· Registered
14,658 Posts
Originally posted by ToyRolla
Thats what I like about shift-on-the-fly 4WDs
I have that on my Jimmy, but it's an electronic push button thing. I even prefer the lever I have to pull that I had on my 4Runner. For most driving I'd prefer full-time AWD. For digging out of snow or really deep snow etc I prefer a traditional 4wd system with a low range. That was the best part of the WRX -- full-time 50/50 split AWD. I wouldn't even buy the auto-WRX because it keeps a 90FWD/10RWD split or something like that until it need to shift it. That reminds me too much of the CRV/Rav4 system.

I guess the ultimate is what the new 4Runner and that new Durango that I got as a rental had. It was full-time AWD, but has a low-range option also like a 4Low type of deal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.