NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving up New Jersey Turnpike today and hear a faint flapping sound as if I had a flag on my car. I heard it a little earlier this morning but it went away until now. I pull over to a service area and can't see anything that might have gotten caught in the front bumper. So I get down on my stomach and check the bottom of my car and I see the front right engine cover hanging by a single bolt and dragging off the car! I'm thinking WTF and I remembered taking the car in to a dealer for an oil change and a ECL check a week ago. Apparently they managed to lose 8 clips and 1 bolt during the 2 hour process so I'm crawling on my stomach and squeezing under the car to remove the cover. So in my three years of owning the Celica, I have had to:

1. Visit the dealer 6 times to convince them I had a faulty belt tensioner and have them replace it.
2. Replace an almost brand-new flat tire.
3. Dad backs up Dodge Caravan into Celica's front bumper, scraping half the paint off.
4. Bad battery at 15,000 miles, rattling rear view mirror, and other nuisances leading to more hours at the dealer.
5. Dealer managed to not replace my air filters for 45,000 miles and yet charged me for new ones. Very dirty air filter probably damaged the MAFS, leading to...
6. Another dealer trying to charge me $350 for new MAFS and installation and another $1200 worth of maintenance crap (while another dealer quoted me just $200 for the whole MAFS thing, altho I just installed it myself).
7. Same dealer losing my engine cover clips while checking MAFS and changing oil, almost causing me to lose the cover.
AND THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE:
8. Offered an old man a ride to the gas station after his car ran out of fuel on the side of the highway. Turns out he crapped in his pants and his sh*t soaked through my leather passenger seat and stunk up my car for the next month. I sprayed it with so much cleaner crap that the leather is probably ruined.

I think #8, which happened a few months after getting my car, was the closest to me wanting to get rid of the car. I tried to be a good Samaritan and I literally get crapped on. Y'know...I've tried and I've tried to put up with this, but I'm about to shoot myself. The funny thing is, even with all this crap, if I were to trade the Celica in right now and had only $25000 to spend altogether, I'd still get a 2003 GT-S. Just can't picture myself in anything else under 25 grand. Damn that Toyota loyalty...:)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
OMG that is the funniest sh!t, pardon the pun, that I have ever heard!! sorry I'm sure you don't think it's too funny LOL

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good to see everyone take pleasure in my misery. :gap: Celicalicious: Oh, as for going to other dealers, I'm talking about 3 dealers already. #6 and #7 happened at the same time, so it's just the one time at the same dealer. I'm running out of dealers, darn it!!

How about this: everyone donate $3 for me to get a new Celica and I'll promise to stay away from old men? Haha, that almost doesn't sound right...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oONoGoAutoOo said:
#8 lol! You should sue for brand new leather seats! because that crap happened, yours seats will never be the same again.
The old man had only $3 to pay for gas...doubt it'll be useful to sue...;)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
maybe the old man couldnt take that excellent celica handling and crapped his pants..... also... lift a little too much for him, methinks :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts