NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Canadian eh!
491 Posts
Swap for newer engine

Hey so I have a 2001 GT and it's got about 240,000km on it.
I love the car to bits and before it goes. Mind you I just dropped 3k into a new transmission set up for it. So I'm not really one to sell or scrap if the engine goes. So I wanna be prepared and move to a newer engine. I currently have the 1Zz-Fe I think it is. And I just basically wanna grab a brand new engine or a car that's been in a rear end wreck that's a 2005 or newer.
Any tips on an engine of a newer car. With progressive upgrades and bug fixes. That wouldn't be a horrible task to put in the car? Everything on car is mint. The engine is the only thing I think will go. Just cause it's original and has alot of km. Thanks

·
Registered
911 Posts
You could search around a bit..
Since you have a 1zz, you could always upgrade to the higher performance 2zz ;)

·
Canadian eh!
491 Posts
Same year? Or newer? I was hoping newer cause can't really find 01's with low km

·
Canadian eh!
491 Posts
So looking into the 2009 2ZR out of the avensis
2003+ Toyota engines were debugged and no longer have the oil consumption problems as my engine does. Anyone ever felt with this engine? It seems to look identical ad for match ups I'm not positive but they look close. It's got better fuel usage and a tad bit more power. But it's a sedan motor. Not a sports car motor. No doubt before trying anything drastic I'll be test driving one of these cars if I can find one. Other than that. Upgrading to a 2zz is just that it's a post 2003 so it still has all the same bugs lol. I've been reading alot. And it seems like. Maybe another make engine may Bennifit longevity of the engine itself. No offense to Toyota my engine is fine thusfar. And I know the new vw and BMW engines rock right now. Very torque-y

·
Canadian eh!
491 Posts
2ZR-FAE

The Toyota 2ZR-FAE is a DOHC, 16-valve, 1.8*L (1797 cc) engine also equipped with Dual VVT-i and the Valvematic system. This all-new engine is now[when?] replacing the 1ZZ-FED engine in most applications. Output for this engine is rated at 147*hp (110*kW) at 6400*rpm and 132*lb·ft (179*N·m) of torque at 4000*rpm for the Avensis. Compression ratio has been increased to 10.5:1, red line is at 6600 RPM. In the Toyota Allion / Toyota Premio it consumes 9% less fuel than the 2ZR-FE.[2]

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
yes its a direct swap. there is nothing special about a JDM 1ZZ. but listen to what i told you in PM.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.