NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm looking to do a GT to GTS Swap. I will most likely get the majority of parts from a salvage Celica. How long does this project take most people who are experienced to do?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
taking the 1ZZ out and installing the 2ZZ. I dont normally have to pull 2 engines. someone brings me their car and the engine or has it shipped to me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there !
I'm planning my swap for my LHD Euro Celica GT as I found a 2003 RHD Euro/Uk GT-S crashed in the rear but the motor stars and runs good.
My question is, will I have any problems because of the LHD / RHD conversion ?
Since I am buying the whole car I just need to:
- swap the motor
- change the ecu
- change or keep the GT alternator ( what would you suggest ? )
- change the harness with the GT-S one ( no hacks needed, right ? )
- change the cluster
- change the midpipe/exhaust
...and hope everything will be allright... HOPE :)

I've found a good deal for the car, just 1300$ the whole car and I'm gonna do the conversion with a friend that has a mechanical shop so no labor taxes there.

Thanks in advance !
Radu.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could one put an FR-S engine in the celica?
I'm thinking that way you could get a CARB legal supercharger, rear wheel drive, and a possible weight reduction (not sure of the relative weight of celica versus fr-s chasis)

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you sure can, in fact, the best swap is to mount the engine in the back so it more like an MR2 and send the power to the front wheels.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I got myself 2zzge motor. Is there anything i should do to the motor before swapping it in? Example change all the seals?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
only if its showing signs of leakage. change the lift bolts.

if you have no idea about the condition of the engine, i would pull the oil pan and inspect the rod bearings.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.