NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm an Admin over at Celica.net, and I'm passing along this to you guys. I know a couple of the guys on here (like Adam for example), but not as many as I would like. NC.org has a very thriving Florida forum, so I wanted to make sure you guys know about this.

Us over at Celica.net are going to be organizing mini-meets every 2 weeks or so through the month of May and through early June, these will be leading up to a large meet in late June or early July.

We will be meeting on the UCF, University of Central Florida, campus and heading out from there. If you are familiar with the campus, we will be meeting in the VAB, Visual Arts Building, parking lot. I will post, or if anyone would be so kind, directions to this parking lot for everyone not from the area. Any question, concerns, or comments PM me, e-mail me at [email protected], or IM me at quietducks. I know you guys have a lot of experience planning meets, so if you would help me out I would very appreciative.

I'll try and update you guys as much as possible, but this page will be updated more often. http://celica.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000242

Here is the map with the location of the parking lot.

I don't know how many of you remember the HUGE meet last year at Race Rock, but we want to replicate it. With your help I know we can do it.

Thanks for reading,
Will

P.S. Would a Moderator please sticky this thread? :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
did make the mega meet last year and it was fantabolous! i'm down for the count..keep us posted on the mini-meets :)

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Okie dokie, I'll sticky it and send ya an e-mail. Jotan organized the Race Rock one. I organized the last big one we had in the Sea World area. I'll help you as much as I can. Could you please keep checking back here and make updates as well?

Btw, we are going to have a big meet around HIN. Maybe we can coordinate that with celica.net as well.

Thanks,

Fin

·
Registered
170 Posts
The first meet will be May 3rd, then every two weeks after that until June 28th which will be our 'big' meet that we hope everyone will arrive for.

I will be putting up the site dedicated just for the June 28th meet.. but in the mean time here is a map (maybe a bit better.. dunno) of where we will start our meets.

If its not obvious enough, the parking lot outlined in yellow is where we will be meeting (as the key states).

The first meet will be May 3rd! (as stated previously), we will meet at 12PM! Probably chill for awhile, enjoy the cars, take some pics but no definate plans. The reason is because we want people to just get into the habit of coming and meeting people and enjoying that.

At a few of the last meets, people always HAD to have something to do or planned.. well.. guess what peeps.. with a bunch of people there is ALWAYS something to do. But the biggest complaint I have about the past meets I have held is that people where so oriented on something to do.. that they didn't even walk around and get to know one another! Thats is completely NOT what a meet is about.

Those of us that do attend these 'mini' meets prior to the big June 28th will enjoy ourselves that much more because we have gotten to know one another. Not to freet though, June 28th will be the day of the 'event' which we will be attending Moroso's Slicks & Race Cars ONLY at the 1/4 mile strip.

This means we will be going on a cruise to get there from UCF, and then attending the races to watch. It will be a lot of fun, and I hope that people will come to the meets prior to June 28th so that they can come and meet up.

Also.. this is going to keep going beyond June 28th.. every other weekend we will have the celica meet's in the designated UCF parking lot all summer.

Come, enjoy, meet people, cruise, eat and watch.

Clayton

·
Registered
191 Posts
May 3rd, Ill be there. I just got my schedule and I am off the whole weekend. Ill print out the maps but if I get lost ill call someone. See you guys there...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Acilec said:
Okie dokie, I'll sticky it and send ya an e-mail. Jotan organized the Race Rock one.
just for clarification purposes, the guy that runs celica.net (clay) was the one that organized the race rock. he did some great organizing among all the celi websites...carry on.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Po9i: Not to worry bro.. as long as you get the info you need.

Luna: Thanks for the credit.

Ken: Nope, still in Jax.. but Orlando is still the most central spot and all you O-town peeps are pretty active so its the most logical area to have a meet with high participation.

Hope to see lots of you there saturday and through out the following meets.

Clayton

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Trance4c said:
Po9i: Not to worry bro.. as long as you get the info you need.

Luna: Thanks for the credit.

Ken: Nope, still in Jax.. but Orlando is still the most central spot and all you O-town peeps are pretty active so its the most logical area to have a meet with high participation.

Hope to see lots of you there saturday and through out the following meets.

Clayton
bwahahaha, Clay it's not Ken, it's Fin :)

Got me back? :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
damm he dissed you fin, you need some retaliation

i'll be in miami that weekend so no go for me.... so will Trish and Adam and Kat so I'll answer for them as well :(

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Ohh im soooo popular. lol jk. I wish i could come to the may 3rd event. But my moms b-day is the 4th and i need to be home for that. I am trying hard to get back into this whole thing, i have been overwhelmed by school & lack of intrest in my car. but im still down for meeting frequently. im looking forward to some good meets this summer :thumbup:

Oh, yea.....im still here for good so dont worry bout me leaving :)

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
well im leaving fri afternoon now...so i can't make it sat....but i'll be in ft. laud on sat anything happening down there?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.