NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got the car itch again. I went looking last weekend at the 350Z and a few Honda Accords. I was looking originally for a luxury/sport car, but due to money restrictions I couldn't really get what I wanted, even used. (Expensive tastes I guess ;) ). I wanted a more "practical" car too, and the Z didn't really fit the bill. I ended up going to Subaru and looking at the WRX again. I have always loved that blue color even though it's played out a bit. And they sort of have a "only a mother could love" look. But that has grown on me too I guess because it doesn't bother me now. So I test drove one that had a short shifter and spoiler and some good options that I liked.

So I bought a 2003 5-speed WR Blue Pearl WRX. Got a pretty good deal. Paid near invoice price, and got more for my truck than anyone was willing to give. I could have sold it for what I owed but probably not for a couple months till summer gets here. So it was either pay my truck payment for 4-5 more months then buy a car, or take a $2000 hit on negative equity and get it now. Since my truck payment was hideous, the $2000 hit was a better deal, plus I start paying on the car now which means I will own it sooner.

Guess I'll have to take some pics and make a new sig now.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
awww,i thought you loved that truck??.....well,it sounds like you got a nice car to replace it...we want pics and i get to take a ride in it right?? LOL xoxo

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
ahhh.. couldn't wait till the sti came out? i've been sweating the sti so long so bad now.. its comming out in the 04 model /w 300 some hp, verry nice ride.. either that or the new lancer evo viii that's comming out with nearly 300 hp all wheel drive beauty in blue.. i guess when that comes out you'll be kinda sad heh

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the Sti is quite a bit more expensive, plus they're not out yet. If I wanted to pay that much I would have bought an Evo8, but I didn't want to pay $30k for a car this time around. Was trying to knock the payment down so I can save more for a house closer to the city. I was really trying to find a couple year old car like an Accord or something that was in no way fun but was more practical and relatively cheap. That would knock the payment way down. This was a bit of a compromise, but not a bad choice overall.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
the evo 8 is suppose to be right under 30 grand but at the same time its right under 300hp whereas the sti is 300+ and 30+, the evo has plenty of bang for the buck and will most defenatly have plenty of mod opportunity.. same with the sti though, a bit more expensive but all stock its more car.. why would u pick the evo?

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
WHOO HOOO! Down with trucks!!!!!!! Yay! Welcome back to the import side! Nihon ownz j00!

Take me for a ride now!

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Between the Evo8 and Sti I would get the Sti, but again that's more than I wanted this time. I almost went the way of a Honda Accord or something that was 100% practical but no fun. Then I flip-flopped to the Z, which was all fun but no more practical than my truck. Actually less practical than my truck since I had the lockable tonneau cover and it was afterall a pickup truck. So I tried to find a compromise. I thought about a Jetta 1.8T but have always liked the WRX.

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I wasn't ever near 100% on getting the Z. Truth is it never "felt right". Don't know. It's hard to describe. Kind of a gut feeling I guess. I had looked at about 5 cars by friday night and the Z was maybe at #3. Turns out they sold the one I would have bought, which basically reinforced my gut feeling that the Z wasn't for me.

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
congrads...........so when are you going to let me drive it? ;)

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I asked many times about it. :D

I thought about an MR2 or a Miata, but it's not a good all year car. It sorta would be like my truck. Drive it on good days, park it on bad days. I already had that.

It should sell pretty quickly now that we've got a little good weather and summer is coming.
Best time possible to sell it is coming soon. :)

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
maybe bill would let me drive the celi to the obx meet so he could drive the mr2? ;) :chuckles:

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Hey man, glad to finally hear that u scratched the itch... congrats on your new ride.. at least I can race u now.... hehehe....

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for your input on the 350Z Peter, but it just wasn't the right car for me this time around. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts