It's already messing me up. :thumbdown :(
You should ask OT about this. :eatpop:

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
I paid more in taxes (fed+state+county+city) than most people make. I'm ****ing pissed.

Apparently its ok for me to pay for everyone else's benefits, but I make too much money to benefit from any of the benefits I'm actually paying for.

And I make just enough where I get the **** taxed out of me, but not enough that I can just brush it off like its nothing.

I feel like a 105 lb pedophile in prison.

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
I paid more in taxes (fed+state+county+city) than most people make. I'm ****ing pissed.

Apparently its ok for me to pay for everyone else's benefits, but I make too much money to benefit from any of the benefits I'm actually paying for.

And I make just enough where I get the **** taxed out of me, but not enough that I can just brush it off like its nothing.

so i guest what the U.S is doing is raise taxes for people that have a higher income???
I think it's a good idea, why would people that make low income pay all these extra taxes??

The're planning on doing the same here to

·
Registered
12,350 Posts

Agreed. I do see the point of taxing higher income more BUT I think it is done all wrong.

I could use public benefits but I make "too much money". I really don't. The cap for any benefit is ****ing super low. I mean, fine. Help people, if they don't become productive in 5 years, or at least begin to, cut their benefits, let them go to jail or kill each other off and that's that.

The person who has 2 kids at 18 and needs welfare but cant get off of it because now they have 4 kids? I don't feel bad for that family because if you were already ****ing poor, why pop out more kids?? You get section 8, free healthcare, food stamps, cash assistance. You get FREE condoms AND contraceptive is paid for by medicare if you're underage. If you're of age, it's not that expensive. Especially considering you have your whole life paid for so how can you NOT have the money for birth control?

And if I am not going to qualify for any benefits but I have to pay for them, then I should be able to decide where my money goes. It's like the Mafia.

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts

Yeah I am sick and tired of the "lets tax the rich cause they can handle it" rhetoric. It's ****ing bull****. Flat tax rate.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
so i guest what the U.S is doing is raise taxes for people that have a higher income???
I think it's a good idea, why would people that make low income pay all these extra taxes??

The're planning on doing the same here to
You're WAY behind the curve. It's not that they tax you more. It's that they KEEP taxing you more and more and more. Then they lower the caps to tax not so well off people more and more and more, pushing middle class people down to lower middle class over time. Thus defeating the purpose of working your ass off to make a decent living. Then those people can not get "help" because they make too much money.

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
You're WAY behind the curve. It's not that they tax you more. It's that they KEEP taxing you more and more and more. Then they lower the caps to tax not so well off people more and more and more, pushing middle class people down to lower middle class over time. Thus defeating the purpose of working your ass off to make a decent living. Then those people can not get "help" because they make too much money.
thanks for explaining:applaud:

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Paint it fair if you want, but it would absolutely destroy our economy. Everyone from the top to the bottom would suffer, and it would overturn 100 years of economic progress in this country.
Fair yes. Best for the economy, I can't really speak on the matter. It's my default response to those who think "taxing the wealthy" is the answer to all of our problems.

According to Internal Revenue Service data, the entire taxable income of everyone earning over $100,000 in 2008 was about $1.582 trillion. Even if all these Americans—most of whom are far from wealthy—were taxed at 100%, it wouldn't cover Mr. Obama's deficit for this year.

The issue is there is too much government to fund and we need to start getting rid of what isn't necessary.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Obviously our problem is not solely revenue-side. But it also definitely isn't only spending-side. The deficit is inflated for three reasons:

1) Higher spending in the last decade.
2) Bush/Reagan tax cuts
3) Recession = lower tax income

My solution is cut the defense budget, restore the tax structure to before Bush and add a new 50% tax bracket on income over, say, $600k or something. Maybe even 1 million. Somewhere in that range. That should take care of the first two.

To jump start the recovery, create a large jobs programs. Obama's stimulus helped, but it wasn't big enough. Temporarily increase taxes on the rich higher than what I just said to pay for it if needed. It worked in the great depression (during which the top tax rate was as high as 79%) and it will work now.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts