1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
They get yanked....

·
Registered
277 Posts
What about these 3.5 altima COUPES running around now. yikes my friend lost to a 3.5 altima sedan in his RSX-S untuned with full boltons.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Taking an educated guess, not entirely sure, but I would say nothing. Probably the same exact V6 from the older 350z's, the vq35de. Nissan uses the same v6 for everything mostly.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
i raced one with the 350 motor, i/e/tune and i got yanked pretty bad, and he had a passenger..

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
how about the fact one is FAIL wheel drive?? You left out that important part in your differences

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
^Not even then, common sense and good driving techniques go a long way in foul weather on any car. FWD is only better for the average joe/jane in foul weather.

Now to the subject of the thread: I had a run with an Altima 3.5 sedan and it walked away from the Celica. So will the current and last generation Accord V6, as will the current V6 Sonata. A current Camry V6 will yank it pretty bad driven by your average 70 year old grandma.

·
Registered
265 Posts
^Not even then, common sense and good driving techniques go a long way in foul weather on any car. FWD is only better for the average joe/jane in foul weather.

Now to the subject of the thread: I had a run with an Altima 3.5 sedan and it walked away from the Celica. So will the current and last generation Accord V6, as will the current V6 Sonata. A current Camry V6 will yank it pretty bad driven by your average 70 year old grandma.
Point taken.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

is your celica a GT-S?

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
yes his celica is a GTS...it's true, that mom's camry could seriously ruin your day...

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
is your celica a GT-S?
Yes it is and it's a reality that nowadays these sedans will put a hurting on it. I didn't say I raced an Altima, it was more like toying with it, we did a couple of pulls and it walked away from me steadily.

These mom mobiles will put a hurting on the GT-S because you will simply not be anywhere near your powerband in street situations, unless you're running around at 45 in 2nd gear all the time. People need to realize that 1.8L and torque don't go together when you are NA.

Even when we go to race situations:
Accord pervious gen: A V6 6speed will put down mid to high 14s, some have hit low 14s.

Maxima/Altima V6: mid 14s

Sonata V6: high 14s

Camry V6: low, low 14s (14.2 on average) Go check the Camry forums and see what some of the ladies have put down on the track.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts