NewCelica.org Forum banner
181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I know this is way too late, but it's not Celica-related and I didn't thing about posting it here until today.

There's a meet of Kia Stingers in Orland Park beginning at noon tomorrow (10/7/18) at Dave and Buster's. It's just a one-afternoon thing, although I understand some are already in the Chicago area.

I plan to be there by noon. So that should be good enough reason for some of you to show up!

:gap:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Perhaps last time you were behind it. That'll be resolved over time.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Close to settled on the downpipes that will remove the secondary cats. Around 30hp. Cat-back gains aren't as large for more cash. Still haven't made up my mind on an intake.

But if it's because it's running too rich, that won't get fixed without a piggyback or ECU tune. That's definitely further down the road.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Smelled like a combo of running rich and a bunch of funky sulfur which may have been a fuel quality issue. Sometimes I smell that really bad from cars with bad cats or cars with cats that have gotten loaded up from running a low load and then suddenly get lit off really hot and blow the sulfur compounds out, likely the 2nd one if you hadn't gotten on it hard.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
She doesn't get driven hard very often, unfortunately. I sure would like to fix that.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
GDI engines need that to blow out the carbon buildup before mechanical intervention is required, a hard romp cleans out puddled oil in the intake and PCV system and prevents it from turning to hard sludge and varnish that'll allow more to form and start to creep down toward the intake ports. I imagine a good catch can would do you well to keep the intake system clean on that car.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Lotsa talk about exactly that on their forums. My tech's not a fan. People are draining quite a bit, though.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
So. Celica meet this Saturday, the day before Easter, right? What do I need to bring?

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Pffft I dunno, I'm going to bring stuff to make some guac I guess, some chips, and some Capri Sun like always.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Maybe I'll bring something to eat for lunch from a drive-thru as late as lunch usually is. LOL

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Maybe I'll bring something to eat for lunch from a drive-thru as late as lunch usually is. LOL
We don't all wake up with the sun, grandpa. :zzz::walker:

181 - 194 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.