NewCelica.org Forum banner
2561 - 2580 of 2595 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey, i'm new to the forum but share the same love for celicas as you guys do!

I'm in the Grand Rapids area.

Off subject, but I need my engine rebuilt, I have that stupid oil burning problem. Anybody recommend a mechanic that is reliable, but not to expensive, or better yet, a celica-genius who does work on the side that comes highly recommended?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,565 ·
With these oh-so-common engines, your best bet would be the local mechanic shop for a rebuild, if it's absolutely necessary. Really, though - you can either start the hunt for a new(er) engine (03+), or just keep topping off the oil quantitiy every week or so. These engines used should be just under a grand, and you can expect 500 or so for a shop to change it out, reallistically (correct me if I'm wrong, though).

So it's a bit oil-thirsty, Just keep toppin' it off for now. It could be worse...
(we've all got our problems :D )

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,566 ·
If it's not throwing any CEL's, overheating, or knocking - Just drive it 'till it pops.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@omabramo, thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I think I will have to have this taken care of because this damn thing is starting to sound like a diesel engine lol. I have considered the 03+ swap, but what additional parts would I need for that? I can't imagine that its just possible to take one out and put the next in, right? Does the ECM or any module need to be swapped out? Is the atx compatible? If I'm asking questions that are frequently asked, I'd love a link to a good thread on this too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
u still have the rims how much u want i just dented my rims and loooking for some new ones what other parts do u have left

also is there any meets happening soon in michigain i need to find some new celica owners

·
Registered
162 Posts
hi i live in the livonia area. looking for some parts for my 2003 gt.

need:
hood
right side fender
driver side door acutuator
headlights
fog lights

please pm me if you have any of these and how much

·
Registered
162 Posts
hi i live in the livonia area. looking for some parts for my 2003 gt.

need:
hood
right side fender
driver side door acutuator
headlights
fog lights

please pm me if you have any of these and how much

2561 - 2580 of 2595 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.