NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here are the sad pics from my unfortunate accident last Friday. The storry is that I was pulling out of a parking spot and some nut case came flying through the parking lot at about 30-35 mph and made me go up onto this curb. If I wouldn't have moved he would have taken out my rear AND pushed me into the curb. The good news in that My insurance company gave me $2100 for the dammage...and that does not include the front bumper or a rental car. I still have about $500-700 coming my way. I just need to show a receipt to them and they will cut me another check.

Pics:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

I am currently looking for a new URETHANE front end...Blitz preferably but any will do for a good price. Check out this thread if you have any ideas: Thanks.WTB: Urethane front end

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hmm, I was on the freeway with my Kaminari Front and I hit the side curb and all it did was scrape the paint off... Interesting, proves the Kaminari fiberglass is made tough... Did you actually go over the curb?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did go over the curb...it was about 6" tall

I don't think he even realized I had hit the curb...he went straight through the parking lot and down the street. Didn't even give me time to get a licenceplate #.

I only went foward about 5-10 feet about 5 or 10 MPH

2002GT_Celica said:
Fiberglass kits are painful...very painful and unforgiving.
:werd: hence the end of this thread

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
TRD-GT said:
by looking at your pic, something would have been destroyed even if it was urethane.....
:werd: Going straight into a high curb is goin to ruin the urethane too. Either way you would have to get a new front.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I think I woulda let the guy hit me..I'm just WAITING for someone to screw up here so I can get a bodykit paid for...lol...Better there insurance company paying out then mine...my rates don't go up then!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lormax said:
I think I woulda let the guy hit me..I'm just WAITING for someone to screw up here so I can get a bodykit paid for...lol...Better there insurance company paying out then mine...my rates don't go up then!
Ya know...everyone is saying that (about letting him hit me). The problem is that you just dont think that way when a car is headed in a bee line straight for you :D . The good thing about the insurance is that it was filed under a no fault claim so my rates aren't going to go up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts