NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get a new head after my oil pump incident and i ended up getting ahold of a slightly used head from a Austrailia. It didnt come with a thermostat, So naturally i used my old one from the US SPEC head. At first everything was cool, but after awhile we noticed the car wanting to over heat. Couldnt figure out what the problem was so Gas took out out the thermostat, and everything goes back to normal. So our guess is that the Austrailian use a different thermostat then we do and im trying to confirm it. It could possibly that my old one just was shot, but it happened to quickly to tell. Anyways any help is appreciated!

Lau'San

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
If anything, the AU thermostat would be cooler than the US one, but it certainly wouldn't cause the car to overheat. Sounds like the thermostat was probably shot.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Taking the thermo out on any car will make it run cooler. You now have a constant coolant flow. But anyway, try putting in a stock thermo and see if that fixes it.

Jon

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
Taking the thermo out on any car will make it run cooler. You now have a constant coolant flow. But anyway, try putting in a stock thermo and see if that fixes it.

Jon
yea i know, this is only temporary until i know for sure the stocker will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts