NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For added security, I got this snap off system for my steering wheel. Now nobody can steal the car unless they tow it:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
....or they could just bring another wheel with them, like in Gone In 60 Seconds...

but that looks like it should be 99.9% effective. looks kool too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
industrialTOOL said:
....or they could just bring another wheel with them, like in Gone In 60 Seconds...

You can't just put on another steering wheel on there. The piece that' attached on the hub has 6 allen screws and its covered. The only way for them to take those piece out is for them drill the screws....they're the ones that;ll be gone in 60 secs w/o the car:D

·
Registered
474 Posts
what if they just buy the system and a steering wheel?

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pribilof said:
what if they just buy the system and a steering wheel?
He can BUT it won't fit. Every system is uniquely(sp?) done, nobody can by the same system as your's. Chances are probably 1 in a million:D

·
Registered
497 Posts
You carry your steering wheel with you everywhere you go?!?! There are better ways/devices to secure your car.

Having to walk around town with your steering wheel sounds like the dumbest thing I have ever heard of on here.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
that would be funny walking threw the mall and a guy is shopping with a steering wheel in his hand.
i think its cool i would do it but i dont know what i would do with the wheel when i took it.
i would take it into work and things like that but thats about it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
zcs626 said:
ill laugh when 2 years down the road from now, i see a thread saying you lost your steering wheel. :gap:
hahaha..dat'll be pretty damn funny :applaud: :rofl: no offense tho.. but i'd prob juss take it out if i have it parked outside over night or in a bad neighborhood..

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IRL said:
You carry your steering wheel with you everywhere you go?!?! There are better ways/devices to secure your car.

Having to walk around town with your steering wheel sounds like the dumbest thing I have ever heard of on here.
I have a bag everyday i go to work. I dont take the car to malls or whatever, and I'm not carrying the steering around just like that...I aint that dumb, prolly you coz you thought of it:Djk

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
zcs626 said:
ill laugh when 2 years down the road from now, i see a thread saying you lost your steering wheel. :gap:
why would i post something like, that would've been stupid of me. If I post something like...i got a new steering wheel, that means i lost my old one:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RiCelicaBoi said:

hahaha..dat'll be pretty damn funny :applaud: :rofl: no offense tho.. but i'd prob juss take it out if i have it parked outside over night or in a bad neighborhood..
thats why I needed that system because I live in apartments(not ghetto) and dont have a garage, only a carport.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i'm more worried about someone breaking into my car to steal my stereo. there's LOTS of ways to keep your car from being driven away. start cut, ignition cut, steering wheel club, pedal lock, all of which are more convenient and are more effective in the places you're likely to get your car stolen since you can actually use them. (like at the mall where you won't be carrying your steering wheel around).

but how much does that thing cost, and now you don't have an airbag right?

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
J3adSeed said:
i'm more worried about someone breaking into my car to steal my stereo. there's LOTS of ways to keep your car from being driven away. start cut, ignition cut, steering wheel club, pedal lock, all of which are more convenient and are more effective in the places you're likely to get your car stolen since you can actually use them. (like at the mall where you won't be carrying your steering wheel around).

but how much does that thing cost, and now you don't have an airbag right?
I know what you mean. Thats why dont bump my music and leave stuff in the car that might attract thieves. I know that there's LOTS of ways to keep your car from being stolen. I'm into the show scene, and getting this thing is quite unique. I didnt really get it for security purposes. Only 2 people(that has celica's) have em in this country(as i was told).

That thing cost around $140 from Canada, and yes i dont have an airbag.

Like I said earlier, I dont take the car to the mall or the movies. And I'm not that stupid enough to carry a steering wheel around mall. The car's parked evernight under a carport, so being that I can take the steerng wheel off, they can break inside and steal my change but not my car.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
azntrd2k.. my roommate does the exact thing.. and i think its a really really effective way to prevent a car from being jacked..

i know from experience that the Auto-Lock (the brake pedal thing) does NOT work because my roommate had one and the people still stole his car. They just sprayed freon onto it and broke it off.

The steering wheel club is crap.. alarms are good if you are near the car, but if you're not they are useless.

removing the fuse is better but car theives usually carry some spares with them anyway.

kill switches can be found.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts