NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1a) Tein Super Street Coilovers Price($1055.00)
or
1b)TRD High-Performance Struts & TRD Lowering Springs Set ($600.00)

Q.1 Would it be cost effective to get the Teins' over the TRD Set? I want long term explantion if possible. In about 4-5years on the Tein they might need to be rebuit right? Does this cost more or less then getting more TRD STRUTS($445.00). SO which is cheaper in the long run.

2a) Manga Catback Flow Exhaust ($350)
or
2b) TRD Extended Exhasut($450)
or
2c) Trail Ti Exhaust ($650)

Q.2 I would think 2a or 2c would give me the most gains but i am scrificeing street legal, and Japanese Motorsport Quailty with 2a. 2c has the light weight advantage thou. HMMmM....

3) Hotchick Sway Bars(street)
4) HS Headers
5a)OZ Supperlegga 17x8(~15lb)
or
5b)Centerline Impulse 17x7(11.4lbs GRRR)
my car would be pretty much good for performance wise.

*Note Order of saving is not set by numerical order of above :)

GOD i love my car :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Check out Tanabe for your exhaust. You will need an intake. Go Injen or AEM. Definitely the HS header. I don't know if getting a light muffler will help out a whole lot. You should just go on a diet.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry not in sig, my picture would have shown that but the server is being gay so no sig. i have an injen cai.

·
Registered
527 Posts
A.1 Both are fairly even for cost for the period you described. Copy of email reply from Tein posted on another forum ( Honda Tech).

Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Suspension Products. All overhaul services are done here, in-house, at our facility in California (see address below). Down time is about 3 to 5 business days (depending on how busy we are). We charge $75 per damper to have them overhauled. Any
additional parts that may need to be replaced (ex. piston rod; $65) will add on to the total amount due. Please supply us with your contact information and a brief description of what is wrong with the dampers along with in the dampers to be overhauled.

Staff @ TEIN USA INC.
7631 Somerset Blvd.
Paramount, CA 90723
Phone: (562)633-7387
Fax: (562)633-7291
http://www.tein.com

Teins are the better pick due to added adjustibility of height and dampner stiffness ( 16 way). The TRD ride height drop, from a visual satisfaction standpoint has been viewed is a "little disapointing" by a few members of this board.

A.2 TRD extended exhaust would be my pick. Best hp gains ( GTS), magazine verified and also very good sounding as alot of members here can atest to. Also reasonably priced. The Trial Ti exhaust would be my 2nd pick due to higher price, are the weight savings and brand worth the $200 extra? upto you to decide.

A.5 Rims are a very subjective choice for your car. Their are alot more sub 12lb rims out there that area much better looking than the Centreline Impulse wheels.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
ok not to steal anyone else's post but a ? for you?where did you find the tein's for that price?I can't get them lower than 1200.?Thank's ~Bradley

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M SPEC said:
A.5 Rims are a very subjective choice for your car. Their are alot more sub 12lb rims out there that area much better looking than the Centreline Impulse wheels. [/B]
can you give me a heads up on that. PLEASE! :)

thanks everrybody

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
futureceli said:

try the link to suprastore that's where i'm getting mine from...only $1055
yeah thats where i got my price from :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts