NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about canceling my order with XS engineering and going to another company because I have ordered the kit 7-8 months ago and they still have no date for it to be shipped. I don't believe any of the other companies kit match in value because the PFC, injectors, larger intercooler and fuel pump make it quite a deal for 4500 bucks. SF kits have been having problems as of lately and doesn't come with PFC or fuel pump. C2 kit is the same, so it seems I am sticking with XS unless I can find the same deal.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think c2power should be able to get you a nice kit for $4500, send them an email [email protected]

Their gts-stage 1 kit is 3400 if I am correct.
Replace the e-manage with the pfc and you're up about 700.

MY word of advice... No matter if you are going with XS or C2power, you will spend more than 4500....
think on install, clutch and other stuff..

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
SF makes a tuner kit that you use the PFC and get teh injectors and pump seperate....cancel that fvicking XS kit and do some shopping for the other parts...you will save money, and ill hook you up with a good MAP to get you started....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smaay, how long do you think I would have to wait for the kit to get to me as I am in Florida. Can stafford get me the PFC, fuel pump and injectors? If so I will cancel my XS order today and order from Stafford tomorrow. I will most likely go through Bottle at Titan Motorsports to get the kit since he gets all my other parts and will refund me for my XS kit.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
I dont think Titan is a distributor for Stafford...but yes you can definatly get the other parts from them....However, MWR does have the fuel pump, injectors and the PFC in stock i believe. plus right now if you get a PFC the FC Commander is free...something to think about...Ill talk to stafford and see what i can do for you....i know he still filling back orders....

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I dunno - SF is a proven kit with dyno numbers to back it up. The wait can be a pain, but honestly the stuff he usually gets backordered on are the FMU and SS units - the pipes turbo couplers and intercooler for the kit are pretty easy for him. I believe he stocks the turbos and I/C cores, and the pipes are not too time comsuming.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Looks like the others already told you about the C2Power kit.

Just wanted to add that this GT-S kit is under development and will include a friggin bad ass dual ball bearing Garrett GT28RS turbo. Retail price of the turbo is 1100$ already. So for just $3400, you'll be lucky to get into this deal.

C2gas did prototype Soceur's GT-S and turned it into stage 3. This included stronger transmission to hold up the torque, valves, valves springs, rods, pistons, o-rings, upgraded injectors, bore, etc...
Apexi PowerFC was used as FMU, but it's too sophisticated to work with. As for the Greddy piggyback ECU, it's very easy to work with and offers tons of oppurtunities with other products like Greddy Profec e-01 boostcontroller.

He will now try to downgrade this kit to be able to sell it as an "bolt-on" kit. check out www.c2power.com for more info or send an email to [email protected].

Bing

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Bing said:
Apexi PowerFC was used as FMU, but it's too sophisticated to work with.
Too sophisticated? Its way easier than 95% of the standalones out there like the AEM or Haltech or motech - is very simplistic IMO... direct plug and play, no wiring required, all you have to do is set the fuel, ignition, and VVTi and VVTLi maps and you're done. It even lets you use a wideband input for logging if you don't want to spend a lot of time and money at the dyno. How is that too sophisticated?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, if I can get a tuner kit in a reasonable amount of time I may go ahead with the Stafford kit. I just want to make sure it will produce enough boost for what I want, because the block is being sleeved and I have new pistons and rods to go with it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by pro-style-gts
I just want to make sure it will produce enough boost for what I want, because the block is being sleeved and I have new pistons and rods to go with it.
Happy hunting on the kit!!! Just look into all your options, and talk with the companies directly (phone) about what you have, are getting, and how you want it to turn out. Once you know the company you want to work with, GO FOR IT!!! Remember, each company will take some time (which isnt a bad thing) but shipping time and costs need to be considered also. Here is where your personal homework will pay off!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
How is that too sophisticated?

From what I have heard from the C2Power team is that the manual is just like crap.
For example:

Injector map, explanation: This is the injector's map.

Doesn't explain anything about the use at all. Documentation sucks ass and was made by some 4 year old.
That's what I've heard anyways.

·
Banned
284 Posts
Smaay said:
I dont think Titan is a distributor for Stafford...but yes you can definatly get the other parts from them....However, MWR does have the fuel pump, injectors and the PFC in stock i believe. plus right now if you get a PFC the FC Commander is free...something to think about...Ill talk to stafford and see what i can do for you....i know he still filling back orders....
oh my f ing god. I just ordered my pfc like 3 weeks ago. Do you think they will send me a fc commander fo free?

·
Registered
291 Posts
why don't you build your own jon and just order the manifold from stafford? I am sure titan can do the piping for you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
why don't you build your own jon and just order the manifold from stafford? I am sure titan can do the piping for you.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It will probably be chaeper to just get a stafford kit than to have a custom done by Titan. They are also so backed up at Titan that they would not have time to make piping and everything else. I will most likely just get the SF kit and get the PFC, injectors and fuel pump through Titan. I'll know by the end of the day what I am going to do. I have to talk to Bottle later and see whats up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts