NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys...i have a 00 celica gt and right now i have header, intake, exhuast and pulleys. I have now just figured out the way to get some descent power is forced induction. So im thinkin about getting the TRD supercharger kit. Any one here have it on there gt?

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
your car is a 2000, make sure you have your engine checked before wasting money on buying a supercharger + needed accessories. Your looking about 3500 for everything neeeded and installation and tuning fees. ANother member of this site took my advice and found out his engine was shot haha.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok great thanks guys...yeah i saw that they said i would need a new hood and all that. Im on my 2nd GT motor now....i was also looking at the C2 Stage 1 turbo kit...what kind of power are people making with this kit

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I heard since the TRD S/C was made for a different car ( Matrix/Vibe ) you might need a different throttle body. I'm also thinking of doing this, Has anyone really did this yet? I see so much opinions, but no one has actually said they done it. If someone actually did this please list the parts needed. This is what I got so far from reading some of the threads on this site.

TRD S/C Kit
Matrix/Vibe T/B???
After Market clutch ( stage I or II )
TRD Supercharger hood

Personal opinion: Why S/C not turbo, well I'm not going for more than 200-220 hp. I also like to have pull from the start instead of after spool. rarely get pass 6,000rpms any ( not a 1/4 mi junkie ).

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pnoy said:
your looking at around 190-200 whp on low boost
wow, that would be awesome!

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
get the c2 man, you won't regret it, you can get alot of power out of a stage one with a proper exhaust sytem set up and a boost controller. I wouldn't push further than 9 psi though on stock internals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts