NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending 7 months with my GT I now realize that it is not fast. At first I just wanted a celica no matter what, and when I started modding it, I wanted more performance out of it too.

Let's say I get a GTS and stay with the same monthly payment I have now. Would it be worth it to go through all that trouble (sell my GT, then find a GTS)?

Right now all I have is an exhaust on my car, will an intake and headers improve my performance much?

Damn I wish I could afford an STi. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
GT-s won't be much faster.

just live with your decision for a few years, dont try spending a lot of money on your current car, just save up so you can get a better car once the GT is almost paid off.

trading in your car every year is stupid. if you want to do that, just lease it.

anytime you trade in a 7 moth old car, you're going to LOSE big money. you shouldve gone with a gt-s in the first place. but now, its a little too late, so just deal with it and be glad you dont have a ford pinto.

·
Registered
371 Posts
why not just swap a gts engine in there? You can find used engines for cheap... a lot cheaper than switching cars and paying taxes again, etc.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by larryd
damn you beat me to it ;)
:chuckles:

Originally posted by mvZx2
why not just swap a gts engine in there? You can find used engines for cheap... a lot cheaper than switching cars and paying taxes again, etc.
:werd:

You will have a GTS simply by changing the engine. Which is really all the difference in a GTS Vs a GT. Its cheaper than a whole new refinancing.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Originally posted by AssFauLt
GT-s won't be much faster.
the GT-S is substancially faster...I'm not saying it's a fast car but I have had both and the GT-S is definitely worth the extra cash if that's what he wants to do

·
Registered
46 Posts
If the payments fot the GTS are in fact the same, I'd say go for it. The GTS is not only the faster car, but it is much more fun to drive. It's worth the trouble because the VVTLI sounds incredible, especially with a CAI.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Originally posted by RomesGTS
If the payments fot the GTS are in fact the same, I'd say go for it. The GTS is not only the faster car, but it is much more fun to drive. It's worth the trouble because the VVTLI sounds incredible, especially with a CAI.
indeed, 2zz is much, much faster, and GTS would feel like completly different car all together

·
Registered
656 Posts
The GTS is a full second faster in the 1/4 mile with equal drivers. I would say just swap a 2zz in your car it'll be the same and cost you less

·
Registered
245 Posts
make sure u switch for a 6spd and not a gts auto :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by jotan82
buy a used evo :)

then you'll understand what fast really is....

(or SRT-4)
They can buy yours

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by migs
How much are turbo kits for GT going for nowadays?
sorry for the OT
c2gas kit is goin for like 3300 I think and the rest (SF, DD) are going for 3500 - 3700 I think

·
Registered
182 Posts
black02gt said:
c2gas kit is goin for like 3300 I think and the rest (SF, DD) are going for 3500 - 3700 I think
well if JL2FAST4U were going to take a hit on the trade in, wouldnt it be close to $3300 after all is said and done?
hint...hint....?
it'll be more expensive to boost a gts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts