NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
That's just fugly. :thumbdown

Just kidding. :gap:

That's pretty much kinda what I'm shooting for after I'm done...99 J-Spec RX-7, except different sideskirts. That baby is SWWWEEET! Thanks for the link!

That paintjob is very, very, nice. That's some bucks right there. Where the heck do people get all their money from? :(

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:werd:

that car is perfect condition? did you see the original pic of it all crumpled???

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Actually...

Alot of people renovate older RX-7s that have been wrecked. My friend Jeff is just one example....he's rehabilitated over 20 FDs! :gap:

I like the very clean appearance...very nicely done. Also..with most 7'ss, you'll see is that not many people vary from the normal upgrade path. Alot of his components are the standard for what we choose for our 7s...such as the Fluidyne rad...the Power FC, the ACT clutch and the Tokicos...

Definetly a nice ride.... :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Actually, Eugene...

For the RX-7...it depends totally on the application. For an everyday driver..used primarily for track events, an SMIC is much better, and prevents overheat due to the extreme heat generated by the rotary.

An FMIC will block the radiator, and prevent proper cooling...people running high amounts of boost on a continuous basis will have temperature problems.

Now on the other hand, if you're only jumping on the throttle on short runs such as drag racing, or daily cruises that you don't get on it much, an FMIC is acceptable.

A new application called the V-mount is being produced that allows the radiator and FMIC to both recieve the same amount of airflow...but it's gonna be pretty expensive.

An FMIC looks badazz..but in the 7's case..an SMIC is a better application.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
ahh i see it.. its hard to see.. the monitor iw as on earlier was dark and couldnt see it.. but i see the teeth back there..

mike.. smics.. blah.. i guess i just hate em since my stock one sucks and heatsoaks like a mofo.. before i leave i spray it with water.. LOL.. ghetto man.. but hey im from sj..

·
Registered
827 Posts
Aww man... i just realized my sig is similar to yours Arch! Oh well... they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... :chuckles:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts