NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is in need to be rebuilt and I was estimated at 4600 as a low figure for labor and what not, not including oil, antifreeze, etc.

Do you think this figure is reasonable? Would I be better off purchasing a whole new engine?

Any input is appreciated

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Originally posted by DoubleS69
My engine is in need to be rebuilt and I was estimated at 4600 as a low figure for labor and what not, not including oil, antifreeze, etc.

Do you think this figure is reasonable? Would I be better off purchasing a whole new engine?

Any input is appreciated
You can get a used engine for about $2000...

www.car-part.com

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome deal, lol. But what are the chances its severly screwed up? LoL. Anyone have any idea on that one?

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
DoubleS69 said:
Awesome deal, lol. But what are the chances its severly screwed up? LoL. Anyone have any idea on that one?
Good point. Thats the only bad thing on to buy that kind of item in ebay. Cause i dont think they are going to give you a money back warranty if the engine is broken or damage in any way :( :ugh:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read through the guy's feedback and he seems pretty reputable. There really isn't much information in the auction though about the condition of the engine and why he's selling it. I emailed him a little while ago, so I'm awaiting that response.

I'd love for him to be online right now becuase I really want to get this over with and get my car back on the road!

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
DoubleS69 said:
I read through the guy's feedback and he seems pretty reputable. There really isn't much information in the auction though about the condition of the engine and why he's selling it. I emailed him a little while ago, so I'm awaiting that response.

I'd love for him to be online right now becuase I really want to get this over with and get my car back on the road!
Good luck man :thumbup: And be carefull with that buy. :)

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
JohnnyWash1 said:
I doubt it's screwed up. It's an automatic. You are going to want to change that immediately.

Jon
Aut :ugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts