NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone's tint affect their visibility? How dark did you go? And do you do the the rear windshield? THNX in advance

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i am not sure how dark my tint is cause i had to dealer do it before i bought the car but its pretty dark...but it doesnt effect my visibility at all...i like it a lot....

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Mine makes it a little harder

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I have the 35%/20% combo, and I have trouble seeing at night sometimes so I have to roll down the windows just to make sure I don't hit something.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i ahve 5% in the back and little sides in the back, my front two sides arent tinted, and it still looks good

P.S. the reason i dont have them on anymore is because cops decide to pull you over for no reason and try to find stuff thats wrong with your car. But then again, since i had them taken off, they got me out of tickets becuase i got pulled over for a blown headlight, and the cop asks me if i remeber him. I said yea, he said roll up your window, and i did, he is like nice windows, you took them off. For that, i am gonna let you go, but get that light fixed. i was the happiest motha f**** on the way to pizza hut that nite. LOL. Just thought i would share a story

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 20% all around, and I'm probably going to get the back window darker.., only visibility problems i've had is backing up an area with no street lamps, other than that no problems.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
My back 3 windows and front strip are all 5%. My doors are 14% as tested my my friendly local ossifers twice. :( It looks good though. I only really have trouble backing up in an area that's not well lit or when it's raining..

·
Registered
119 Posts
50% front20%rear
50%front is too lite...i regret it..
20% rear..i think its a good %..not too dark...visibility wise..
i sumtimes have a hard time figuring out if the car behind me is a cop ahha.
but get like 30 in front..thats a good tint for the front
not too heaty

·
Registered
433 Posts
i got 5% alll the way around and it sux turnin the corner at night cuz i cant see a damn thing.....but during the day it looks badazz

·
Registered
394 Posts
i have 5% all around and at night you cant see sh#t i have to roll down my windows to see sometimes and backing up is even worse i got them done that dark bc of stereo issues and not wanting to get jacked

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
you think 5% is bad... i got 20% then 5% over it.... it is pretty damn dark, during the day cant see in the car AT ALL...
at night, i hate turning, backing up, etc etc...

it does look damn good though

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
god lord lark. 20% + 5% = like 1%. and then the car comes from the dealer with 98% so you have what? 0.9% tint? :rofl: i would like to see the look on the face of cop that tests your tint. :rofl:

I have 20% all around. as others have said, it can be a pain making turns and backing up in dim areas.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
industrialTOOL said:
god lord lark. 20% + 5% = like 1%. and then the car comes from the dealer with 98% so you have what? 0.9% tint? :rofl: i would like to see the look on the face of cop that tests your tint. :rofl:

before it got tinted the guy at House of Dubs took the factory tint off, so there was nothing but clear glass...

too bad he did a ****ty job, the driver side window is peeling, an bubbles just appeared out of no where the other day, the tint has been on for bout 2 weeks, no reason for this to be happining...

i have to get it all ripped off, re-tinted, AND i might get my windshield tinted too maybe 35% on it, there was an Expidition in his shop when mine was gettin tinted, looked bad ass

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
i like the way 5% looks on a silver car...and i think it flows good with a CF hood... and if i ever get a Kam. spoiler, the CF insert will look good with it too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts