NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the 00+ GT kit from hosetechniques.com in SuperYellow, but they told me that they ran out of SuperYellow 6mm hose, which is the longest piece of hose in the kit (15 ft). They said that it will take a few months to get the 6mm hose I need in SuperYellow, but I'm gonna be in a car show in less than a month!!

They're offering to sell me the kit at a discounted price. All I have to pay for are the other hose sizes. The good part is that they will give me about 22ft of 6mm SuperYellow hose, but they are all "scrap" pieces of different lengths.

They e-mailed me the various lengths of the 6mm hose that they're giving me. They told me to measure all the 6mm hoses under the hood. The only problem is that my car is in the shop getting ready for the show so I can't measure the hoses.

Can you guys with the GT Hose Techniques kit please measure the different lengths of 6mm hose that you guys used? (in inches maybe?) Remember, the 6mm hose is the hose that you have the most of under the hood (the longest hose supplied with the kit).

I really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
326 Posts
autozone or advanced auto parts has like some APC silicon hoses... they look alright. How much is the hose techniques kit? I think the APC one was like $12 - 15 or something. And it had different sized tubes. Might want to check it out if you need it quick for the show.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All I need are the lengths of the 6mm hose used. This hose is the hose that you have the most of under the hood (the longest hose included in the Hose Techniques GT kit).

Can someone please measure the lengths of 6mm hose they used under the hood?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i'll try to check for u later today...gotta wait for my gf to get off of work

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
I think the 6mm is the second biggest hose. The biggest hose should be the one thats longest....you'll be using more of those than the 6mm, specially for the intake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hose techniques said that the 6mm hose is the longest hose in the kit (15 ft).

Then they said that the other hose sizes are 3.5mm, 4mm, and 8mm (the widest). 8mm is probably the second longest hose in the kit.

aZnTrD2K: Can you please measure the 6mm (second widest) hoses for me that are in the pic? (Hose Techniques needs to here from me ASAP).

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts