NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for practical and affordable alternatives to upgrade my celica rather than buy full on aftermarket stuff. Perfect example would be the brakes.

I have an idea of adapting frs/brz brakes. i know that the rotor mounting dimensions are the same (center hole, lug pattern)

Thoughts on this?

the frs brakes have 2 pot fronts and a bigger single piston in the back. making an adapter plate is easy.

will i need to change the master cylinder?

Just wanna make sure im not outside my mind on this.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I was looking into an STi Brembo swap at one point since STis are pretty common in Washington but I never pulled the trigger on it. Really the hardest part is finding rotors to work with the setup but you can get custom ones made pretty easily/cheaply. Adam's Rotors would probably make you custom rotors as long as you know all the measurements.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I was considering it as well. I just need to find someone with a BRZ to let me borrow the rear rotor see if it works with the stock e-brake

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that was in the back of my mind too. I would hate to buy anything and find out it wont work without fabrication. The whole reason i want to do something like this is so i can buy factory replacement parts when needed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Newer idea. Has anyone looked into mr2 front brakes? I wonder if that would be an easy upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts