NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a 1zz to 2zz swap. However car's been sitting as I've been busy with other things, and the only thing left is the midpipe.

I'm looking to get this 100% done this weekend by taking it to an exhaust shop and getting a custom midpipe done.

2.5" pipe after the header -> resonator

From what I've read, the stock 2zz midpipe has a divider plate.
Am I going to lose significant power if I don't have the plate?

Also would this be a better option than just mating the gt midpipe to the 2zz header?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you find a stock GTS mid pipe?

I'm sure what you're doing will work, but installing a stock midpipe off a GTS would probably be the cheapest and easiest way.

·
Registered
8,275 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure what you're doing will work said:
There's one seller I found locally parting out a GTS but extremely sketchy. Wouldn't give address or a time, just asked for email transfer and said "I'll text you when to pick it up"

Ebay and MWR is out of my budget (getting destroyed by Canadian shipping + exchange rate)

Going custom seems to be the cheaper way other than stock for me. Only problem with that is the shop I picked out is busy af and I have to wait even longer

I'm eventually going to switch to PPE headers though so I guess this midpipe will be more beneficial than a stock one connected to the PPE header

Theta pipe is what it's called, it acts kind of like an extension of the header collector to make it 4-2-1-ish and helps the cat heat up faster. I doubt you'll miss out on any power though. Read this for more technical information.http://www.primauto.net/LotusServiceManualEliseS2/elise/Worksho_ and_Parts_Manuals/2ZZ_GE_Engine_Workshop_Suppliment.pdf See page 6 for a little blurb about the pipes, the rest is fairly interesting as well.
Thanks for this! Honestly I was expecting to be missing out on ~10hp. Good to know this isn't the case

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just cut the cat off the mmidpipe and weld in a new quality converter(has to be CARB approved not 49 state legal)...I have no engine lights from this change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts