NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bernoulli's Principle, Boyles law & Venturi

Alright boys about to get nerdy...

Boyles law basically states that as air velocity increases, its volume increases as well, while the pressure decreases. The second law is the Bernoulli Equation, where a moving fluid (in this case air) has a lower pressure than air that is standing still, or is moving slowly.

The Venturi effect is a special case of Bernoulli's principle, in the case of fluid or air flow through a tube or pipe with a constriction in it. The fluid must speed up in the restriction, reducing its pressure and producing a partial vacuum via the Bernoulli effect.

1st of I want to say I'm not trying to start arguement, just trying to understand things better.

I've been researching at bit about throttle body spacers on NCO.

I know there has been a large discussion on throttle body spacers and them not working due to restricting air flow.

So do Bernoulli's, Boyles, and Venturi principles all apply to a throttle body spacer with a helix cut?

How is the throttle body spacer with a helix cut, different from what's being done on the Weapon R secret intake system?

Also what about this article;

Truck with intake, heatsheild, and throttle body spacer dynoed gain of 11.4 HP

Would the gain been higher without the spacer due to air restriction?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
TRD1zz00GT said:
Boyles law basically states that as air velocity increases, its volume increases as well, while the pressure decreases.
I swear to god, we need a "ricer physics" forum on this board.

Boyle's law has nothing to do with velocity.

Boyle's law states that when a confined ideal gas is held at a constant temperature, the product of the pressure and volume are observed to be constant.

p * V = constant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.