NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
thrust bearing/serive manual

Anyone know where to find the service manual online, or able to post the pages concerning thrust bearing tolerances/replacement?

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. I hardly look at the grey bar save to find "forum"

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
its generally a good rule to replace the thrust berrings every engine rebuild. but i have used the same ones again before with no problems

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
For the archives, it's on EM-96. 0.04 to 0.24mm. Replace at 0.30mm. Doesn't say if it is for 1ZZ or 2ZZ. Assume it's for both.

dB

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hate to bring this back up with I didnt want to ask the same question in new thread. My car had 85k on it and im putting in a new crank you think I should get new thrust bearings? If its highly recommended I will but if it will be ok I rather use my old ones Ive been ordering parts forever now and wanna get this thing back together!

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I have also reused mine, but it is highly recommended to do them anyway, since you are putting a new crank in. How much would they cost anyway? I'd say do it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I ordered new ones but when I pulled my old crank out the others fell out and i dont remember how they go. Does the grooves in the bearing go to the inside or out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts