NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be doing some lapping this end of the week at Thunderhill. I will post as much as I can after the event. Will be fun with the upgraded Celica but as much as I know Thunderhill, I may have to take my wing off my car (for those who have seen it). And why is that important? Because of the high speeds reached on the circuit. Boo, no downforce.

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
Why are you always behind another car :chuckles:

How come you need to remove your spoiler?

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
Were you able to pass that old Porsche with 2 guys sitting inside?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
awesome dude i love seeing people take their cars to the track like this. how often do you go and how much does it cost and is it open sessions?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It costs "guts & balls" to do this. You will be disappointed when you see Corvette's, Porsche's, BMW's, Lotus', & even Miata's passing you. But you have to remember that you're not racing.

It's semi-open, just don't drive like an idiot on track, I believe the group I run with is a little more advanced since they let you go out & most of the time, expect that each driver knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
im pretty sure i could handle the fact of a FAR superior car beating me ha ha. i have no dillusions about how fast my car is or is not. i just would really love to get some track time and was hoping maybe you could give me some insight as to how much it costs and who to talk to and stuff. if you do have any real advice for me feel free to shoot me a pm if you dont want to talk about it seriously here.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I recommend driving with an instructor first time out if you've never done any kind of tracking before (car, kart, whatever). NASA has great instructor's. Prices for NASA events range from $150 & up.

Or you can start with Hooked on Driving, another good programme. But if you want to see other racing while at the track on the same day, I'd go with NASA.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
ive only raced at k1 :thumbup: that ish was fun and id love to take my celi to the track but i would like to get a few more things done to it first. how often do you go? do they allow ride alongs? id like to come and at least watch and root for you some time :D

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
id love to take my celi to the track but i would like to get a few more things done to it first. how often do you go? do they allow ride alongs? id like to come and at least watch and root for you some time
What they say, don't do a lot to your car. You should know the limits of your car when it's stock, then you can start upgrading. But eh, I never listened to that :p

They do allow ride alongs. I'm going in February if you want to come, it's a Time Attack for me, although there won't be much of an audience as this isn't your big time racing series.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I used to go with my dad to his NASA races. I got introduced to Ben Paft. Guy was cool. I just can't wait until I hit 21 so I can join. My dad would even let me use his old car (RX-7).

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
yeah but i at least want to do a few more suspension mods and get some good tires before i get out on the track :thumbup: yeah let me know whenever youre going id love to come out and watch. and if things are going well maybe i'll be able to get my car on the track sometime next year :D

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My dad would even let me use his old car (RX-7).
You still got the RX7? I want a piece of it..
Yea I was introduced to Mickey Kennedy, he was really good with driving instructions.

yeah let me know whenever youre going id love to come out and watch.
I'll let you know once we get closer, but I believe I'm going the day before Valentine's.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Hahaha....nice pics bro! Having fun is all that matters. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts