NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has them?

does ur front sway bar produce ANY noise?!?!!?

im tryin to come to the conslusion that tein endlinks really dont "tighten up" or close enough on the sway bar , and then when you go over little bumps in the ground on one side of the car, an endlink will make noise becuase the sway bar is tight enough to the endlink. . . .

(and i have my nuts really tight)

j/w. . . cuase i need to fix this damn noise :)

===
sorry for the 9000000x about this

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
I have the Tein SS and Hotchkis street sways and yes, there's the little clicking/tapping when I go over bumps at a slow speed. I don't notice it when I'm going quickly over little bumps. :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
front or rear? . . .

so far this is proving, you cant match hhotchkis sways and tein endlinks. . .. . .

need more input for others :)

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I have the same problem. The endlinks are the source of the noise, but Im not sure how to fix the problem. You would have to get a new set of endlinks to solve the problem. The bolts arent the problem, but the endlink ball joints are worn out or defective.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
If you're gonna go with new endlinks, definitely get Hotchkis'. They're made specifically for their sways and coilovers, so they shouldn't break like Tein's.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have Tein SS with Hotchkis Comp Sway bars. The tein endlinks make a lil noise only when goin over bumps under very slow speeds. I think its the joints of the endlinks making noise. A lil sacrifice for a big gain in handling.
-Minh

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Hypermotive's are about equal to Tein's. Maybe slightly stronger, but people have gone through them just as fast as Teins's with coilovers and Hotchkis sways.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had no problems with my Tein endilinks for the most part. The first ones lasted. My new ones were gone in 2 weeks. I don't blame a defect either. I now have Hypermotive and they are better, but I'm having some problems with them also. Like some noise listed here and other more severe things similar to Tein but not quite so bad as if they are on their way out or gone. By the way I don't have Hotchkis sway bars either and I barely raced since my new coilovers were installed. Like I said in previous posts, I believe something else is wrong with my car. Also there should be no noise associated with the suspension. I had no noise with Tein endlinks for about a year before they went bad. I had noises before that went unchecked for 6 months and I blew my dampers because I waited to get things checked. Not to scare any one. That's a little different.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm gonna buy hotchkis endlinks this week, so when i install them i will let ppl know. . . the noise is too much for me. . . so little, yet so ****ing annoying

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Mp3Supply
i'm gonna buy hotchkis endlinks this week, so when i install them i will let ppl know. . . the noise is too much for me. . . so little, yet so ****ing annoying
Can you get some pics of them before you install them? :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I believe I have some pics of them. I'll give them to you Chris. I can't believe on sound alone Mp3 that you need a replacement. I replaced my Tein endlinks because the driving was atrocious due partially or mainly to the endlinks. If I was you Supply, call Tein and get a reference to a good Tein shop near you. If not go to Action Tire. They are at the top in Jersey for Tein amongst others along the NY side. That's your best bet before you change things over. PM me.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i def. know its the endlinks, i've lengenthed them, i've tightenend the nuts as needed. . . and its still there. . . i never have time to take my car to the shop so i have to try to do it myself. . . we'll see i dunno

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have the Tein HA's and hotchkis Sways and yes i have that same sound when going over bumps at slow speeds. The sounds comes from both the front and rear. I beaicallys just going used to the sound

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just ordererd my endlinks

82.55$ For The Street
185.22$ For The Comp.

i got the street cause i dont auto-x

i'll let everyone know the result when i get them on

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got em' today, and i am going to put them on , on sat :)

the quality of them look far superior to tein. . .

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Review :

Today i took off my Tein endlinks that came with my Tein SS-P's. As i said before the quality of endlink compared to Hotchkis is piss poor.

The noise that i was trying to solve has been solved. IF it is still there, its soo slight that i dont notice it. When i jump up and down on the sides of my car i can't hear the knocking from the front of the car.

Though when i lift up on the passenger side of the car, a few times i can hear the knock on the driver side, but if i do the same thing from the driver side, it is quite on the passenger side, so i have to re-check the driver side to make sure its all correct.

But as i said, this has solved my issue and i am about 95% satisfied. (gotta check the driver side again to be 100% )

:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts