NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out driving my accord v6 6speed, and me my friend (04 rsx's hondata, cai) and my other buddy (r32 chipped,cai) went from a roll of about 40 the r32 did 3 honks and me and the r32 are side by side the rsx is inching in front of us the whole time! what i dont understand is how a bone stock accord that is supposed to run 14.5 or so kept up w/ my friends r32 that ran a 13.5 a few nights earlier at capitol raceway in md. i just thought that was odd mabye all its got is off the line cause of all wheel drive! but oh well it was fun just cant wait to get my celica back on the east coast

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
maybe u were just drivin better that night cuz nobody can drive at best all the time, people always make mistakes (launchin, missin gears, etc) plus those accords are pretty fast! good race:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by MicaCeli
He ran a 13.5?.......ok.
:werd: The R32 is SAID to run a low 14 but hardly ANYONE is in the high 14's. I doubt a chip and CAI would knock off 1.5 seconds.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I've run one of those r32's and they are no joke. I wouldnt doubt it at all. didnt realize they were awd. (I dunno crap except they are pretty quick. lol) not in reach of many celicas thats for sure.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
:werd: 13's for a R32 should be no problem with the mods done to it. So the RSX-S beat both of ya'll?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by rogergts
:werd: 13's for a R32 should be no problem with the mods done to it. So the RSX-S beat both of ya'll?
R32 IS 240 HP and 3k+ lbs. I dont see 13's.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
raced R32 from dig, big lead on me till about 60, from a roll killed it, mannys right 240hp 3k+lbs... 13.5 is hard to beleive

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
raced R32 from dig, big lead on me till about 60, from a roll killed it, mannys right 240hp 3k+lbs... 13.5 is hard to beleive
right but that tub of lard called an sti is claimed to run low 13's stock. BTW people said 13.7 was impossible for a celica and now look.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My car is 3k lbs, 230hp and i ran 13.9 completely stock and that was without the help of an awd launch.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Originally posted by MicaCeli
He ran a 13.5?.......ok.
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
:werd: The R32 is SAID to run a low 14 but hardly ANYONE is in the high 14's. I doubt a chip and CAI would knock off 1.5 seconds.
1. Capitol is a crap track.
2. Ive seen 3 R32s run there. The quickest ET was 14.9
3. have a nice day.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Originally posted by BrianGTS
3. have a nice day.
I've got several vids of 6 spd gt-s running 15.9 - 16 second 1/4 mile times out here. It MUST be a high 15 second car incapable of anything faster.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
um, i dunno what chipping a R32 is like but if it's anything like what it is for the 1.8t's and stuff, driven right, i see 13s no prob.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by petsnowman
My car is 3k lbs, 230hp and i ran 13.9 completely stock and that was without the help of an awd launch.
your car has more than 230 HP though. We all kno wthe SRT4 Is very under rated.

Originally posted by 00silverGTS6spd
right but that tub of lard called an sti is claimed to run low 13's stock. BTW people said 13.7 was impossible for a celica and now look.
sti weighs less i THINK than a R32.
Originally posted by BrianGTS
3. have a nice day.
I am not sure if your taking aim at me or agreeing.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
mike dude.. i like you.. dont make me hate you, the STi has more power, more torque weighs a bit less than the R32 (someone correct me if im wrong), and a more advanced AWD system, the STi has even run high high 12's stock
Originally posted by petsnowman
230hp is what you're gettin at the wheels buddy, SRT4s are WAAAAY underrated, at Boost Solutions their STOCK srt4 dynoed at 236 FWHP

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
in other words... a chip cant do much, neither can an intake, at BEST stock the R32 will run low 14's, at best with in an intake of some sort and assuming this "chip" actualy makes power.. high high 13's with a nice solid errorless run

btw, i was thinking.. ive never seen an intake do what my intake did on my celica in any other car.. period

·
Registered
772 Posts
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
btw, i was thinking.. ive never seen an intake do what my intake did on my celica in any other car.. period
? suck in water and hydrolock the engine... or collect dirt and clog up the mafs with oil???

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Just pondering here, but I'm wondering if maybe 40mph wasn't just a bad spot for the R32 to start - maybe just a tad too high to stay in gear so he wound up too low in his powerband and lugged it.... Just a thought. AWD suffers a big at higher speeds and the accord should do best at higher speeds plus with a 6spd he was probably able to take better advantage of gearing.

Or the guy in the R32 was blowing smoke up yer keister about the 13.5 (probably most likely)

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
actually the R32 has a 6spd tranny :)

2004 STI
300 hp
300 tq
3,270 lbs

2004 R32
240 hp
236 tq
3,280 lbs

riiiiight BIG difference in weight there. need to put that fatty r32 on a diet. :chuckles:

again I repeat 13.5 modded like that isnt unbelievable :gap:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Liqquid
? suck in water and hydrolock the engine... or collect dirt and clog up the mafs with oil???
no, actually give power.
actually the R32 has a 6spd tranny :)

2004 STI
300 hp
300 tq
3,270 lbs

2004 R32
240 hp
236 tq
3,280 lbs

riiiiight BIG difference in weight there. need to put that fatty r32 on a diet. :chuckles:

again I repeat 13.5 modded like that isnt unbelievable :gap:

I had read the weight was in the 3800 area. Either way, the car will not make up those 60 HP with an intake and a chip.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts