NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
heat gun/hair dryer to soften adhesive, goo off to remove remaining adhesive, blade scrape the film off.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Mrb1 said:
Yeah, I was thinking that a pro would be my best bet. I was just wondering if there was a way I could do it myself. I'll give the tint guy a call. Thanks for the help.
def go to a professional, you'll pay out the ass cuz we dont really like strippin windows. we are a llumar dealer, look for a llumar dealer! we are the best :thumbup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
as mentioned above, and depending on the area, it would probably be worth your time/money to get it professionally removed. cost me $30 for the front two windows! can't beat that.

·
Registered
322 Posts
After I got a tint ticket... for my front windows I took it off

I just peel it off and everything came with the film... nothing left on the windows :)

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Use goo gone and a window razor blade, its like 3$ at autozone, its like 4" wide. Soften the glue with the goo gone then just scrap the hell out of it with the razor.

·
Registered
322 Posts
faultless18 said:
sscarbongts what kind of tint did you have?
I use to have 35% tint in the front doors (don't know what brand) and here the law is 70% of the light must pass.... so I got a ticket...

I remove it and put a 20% or a 30% (it look a sranwrap) so I very close to legal now... a cop pull me over some week ago and he tell me it was ok ! :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
sscarbongts said:
faultless18 said:
sscarbongts what kind of tint did you have?
I use to have 35% tint in the front doors (don't know what brand) and here the law is 70% of the light must pass.... so I got a ticket...

I remove it and put a 20% or a 30% (it look a sranwrap) so I very close to legal now... a cop pull me over some week ago and he tell me it was ok ! :)
haha nice!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts