NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car tinted today (35% on the front sides and 15% elsewhere) and the guy told me not to roll my windows down for 5 days.

I asked him why and he said something about how if I were to roll it down then the trim/seal on the door could lift up the tint on the bottom of the window when it goes down if the tint makes contact with the trim/seal.

Doesn't really sound like that would happen unless the tint wasn't applied properly, and it looks like they did a good job. They didn't have to tuck the tint because I had removed the door panels prior to them tinting the windows.

And because I removed the door panels, there is no trim/seal on the inside that could make contact with the window because the trim/seal is on the door panel itself, which is out of the car. It's not like the outside of the door where the trim is molded onto the car.

I have no A/C in my car which is why I can't stand to keep my windows up, especially in this 90+ degree heat.

Would it be alright to roll the windows down, or is there another reason I should just wait the 5 days?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SilvrGTS said:
well you dont want the window seal on the bottom to roll up the tint. my friends gti is doing that right now...
slidr said:
And because I removed the door panels, there is no trim/seal on the inside that could make contact with the window because the trim/seal is on the door panel itself, which is out of the car. It's not like the outside of the door where the trim is molded onto the car.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
dont...for the simple reason of we use water to apply the tint, the glue wont set up for at least 2 days. if the wind catches the tint believe it or not it will ruin the film. also you should've waited to get your windows tinted until you got your AC fixed...

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
natewan31 said:
dont...for the simple reason of we use water to apply the tint, the glue wont set up for at least 2 days. if the wind catches the tint believe it or not it will ruin the film.
Thanks.

I have heard 2 days elsewhere too, and 5 seems a little excessive.

I'll park it in the sun to expediate the process.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just had my celi tinted and they told me to wait 7!! to be safe. I thought it was a little excessive until the corner (closest to the side mirror) came up when rolling the window down (on day 8) Time to go back and get that window redone. That's what lifetime warranty is for. Anyways, I'd wait just to be safe.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I was told to wait for two days. It was good after that. Both times. (hehe had to pull them off when I got a speeding ticket, then retinted the next weekend)

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
i think that no matter what brand of tint, if your car sits outside and gets a decent amount of sun, 2 days is adequate. but like i said earlier, we tell customers just to be on the safe side 3. b/c a lot of them park there cars in their garage.
if its been 7 days and the tint was coming up when you rolled it down. chances are they creased the film or it was already resting on seal when you left.
window film can start to tack up in as little as 30 minutes. but edges and corners is where we push the excess water which is why we say 3 days :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts