Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tinted Tsunami Tail Lights

Hey guys, I'm selling a pair of rare tinted tsunami tail lights. I purchased these a couple weeks ago and was planning on putting these on, but I decided to go a different way with my tail lights. The lenses are in good condition but there are some lighter scratches and one streak on the tint, not on the actual lenses. I was told they were professionally tinted and could be taken off if desired. The only concern is with the inter plastic of the right light. It was not properly placed in the box when shipped to me so the inside is broken off, as you can see in the pictures. From what was said on here, it does not seem like a difficult fix. They were shipped via USPS, so the only thing they could do was refund the shipping cost. I will pack these correctly and I will ship via UPS so there will be insurance on them.

Currently accepting best offer. $25 shipping anywhere in lower 48 states. I will also consider trades. Preferably some authentic red TRD side skirts, but considering other items also.

Thanks for looking!

List Date: 2/27/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Tinted Tsunami Tail Lights
--------------------------------------
Item Has Been Sold.

--------------------------------------

Mobile friendly version: Tinted Tsunami Tail Lights

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Now I see what you mean about the damaged section. I still think these will sell, you just might have to go a bit lower. Fortunately the damaged area isn't a load-bearing structural section of the tail and can be epoxied back on. GLWS

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Wrong. Do not hot glue it... that will not be strong enough at all. Might as well just leave it as is for the buyer to repair since you have been honest about it.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
how would it be affected when installed? if you could get pics?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm no going to do anything to them with hot glue or anything. And regarding installation, the plastic pieces aren't bolted into or actually holding onto anything. The actual mounting points are all intact, so regardless I wouldn't think there would be any mounting issues.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
That plastic piece only shows when the hatch is open. The buyer should consider plastic welding. Nice tails though!

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
That plastic piece only shows when the hatch is open. The buyer should consider plastic welding. Nice tails though!
This is correct, otherwise a strong epoxy could be used if you cannot plastic weld. The piece does not bear any load, but should be reattached strongly just to avoid mishaps and loss of the piece. It only shows fully when the hatch is opened. Primarily cosmetic.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Afternoon bump!

And ya I'm at least glad that Its an easy fix and isn't a mounting point or a load bearing point.

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
Afternoon bump!

And ya I'm at least glad that Its an easy fix and isn't a mounting point or a load bearing point.

Yea... Like when two of my mounting points broke off and i had to saw the mounting points out of some ebay titty-tails and weld them onto my good set.. holy shiet! :faint:

GLWS.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Edit: no longer need the TRD skirts. Would consider trades. Shoot me an offer for $$$ or trades

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.