NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if u can convert a 6 or 5 speed to a tiptronic transmission cause stick gets to be a hassle in traffic jams and down here in spring tx we have alot of them and i also heard of a 3zz conversion and i was wondering wat ecxactly u need to do it on a 2zz or if its worth doing it at all. so let me know wat u guys think.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,227 Posts
buddy if you want to goto a 6 speed to an auto then you need to have your head examined. that will just kill your car. the automatic GT-S is plain worthless!!!

as for the 3ZZ i think it would be a waste of time
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
kazuma0 said:
i was wondering if u can convert a 6 or 5 speed to a tiptronic transmission cause stick gets to be a hassle in traffic jams and down here in spring tx we have alot of them and i also heard of a 3zz conversion and i was wondering wat ecxactly u need to do it on a 2zz or if its worth doing it at all. so let me know wat u guys think.
look around - theres been like 2 other threads with this question in this forum in the last day and a half.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
someone is attempting this....they had a thread up for a trade of their 6speed for an auto tranny....and everything else needed for the swap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
lol...ill trade
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
kazuma0 said:
i was wondering if u can convert a 6 or 5 speed to a tiptronic transmission cause stick gets to be a hassle in traffic jams and down here in spring tx we have alot of them and i also heard of a 3zz conversion and i was wondering wat ecxactly u need to do it on a 2zz or if its worth doing it at all. so let me know wat u guys think.
Do you mean Auto or SMT?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,225 Posts
vtroid5 said:
someone is attempting this....they had a thread up for a trade of their 6speed for an auto tranny....and everything else needed for the swap.
You mean redline(anton)? He's selling the car as far as we know.. not dropping a 3z in it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
SickCelica696 said:
You mean redline(anton)? He's selling the car as far as we know.. not dropping a 3z in it..
I was just talking about the swaping to an auto... i dunno what he was doing it for...i guess to make it easier to sell.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top